which effects unit ot of these 2? or do you suggest another?

Sandman31774

• Members

TC Electronic - G Major

Lexicon MX200

I used to own a Rocktron Xpression and it was good...but looking for something a little different....I mainly only use delay and reverb so I originally thought the TC Elec. G Sharp might be good...but you can only mix one reverb and one delay/mod effect.....sometimes i want more than just 2 effects so i'm looking at TC G Major...but i hear of a lot of reliability issues....saw the lexicon mx200 and don't know much about it......so what do you guys suggest?

• Members
TC Electronic - G Major

Lexicon MX200

I used to own a Rocktron Xpression and it was good...but looking for something a little different....I mainly only use delay and reverb so I originally thought the TC Elec. G Sharp might be good...but you can only mix one reverb and one delay/mod effect.....sometimes i want more than just 2 effects so i'm looking at TC G Major...but i hear of a lot of reliability issues....saw the lexicon mx200 and don't know much about it......so what do you guys suggest?

G-Major doesn't have the preset load lag issues that the Lexicon does. The G-major, if treated well, is fine. :thu:

• Members
hey zach,

been awhile since i've talked to ya...glad you chimed in as your opinion always sits well with me
:thu:
thanks for the load lag input !!! hope all is well

Aloha... Thanks, everything is going well, can't complain... Well... I could but what'd be the point.... :D

The Lexicons do sound KILLER, but the lag thing can be a deterrent to some, depending on how fast they need to switch presets. I wish all the goodies were such, that everyone could afford to have them, but the G-Major and the Lexicon MPX-1, MPX100 etc... are Fantastic choices. I use the Lexicon PCM-80 and a bunch of other stuff, and LOVE the tone of the Lexicon. The TC Stuff I have is also marvelous, but I don't use an all in one box approach, so it just makes it a bit different.

The G-Major sounds really good when dialed in properly, and is a BIG bang for the $$$, as well is the Lexicon, so I can't really say that one is best for your application/taste.

Best of luck brutha :thu:

• Members

yeah that looks like a good deal..but i think i'm gonna go g major after really looking at the units...looks like the lexicon mx2oo is like the TC G Sharp...can only use 2 effects at once...and usually reverb/delay would be it....but sometimes i need more...so g major it will be.....i'm off to look at some used ones ....but may buy new.....we'll see

• Members
thanks zachman...lag wouldn't really be an issue for me...i like the lexicon mx200 price of $199 and the g major is like $399....could buy used i guess....i'm leaning more toward g major though

I built a rack for a friend zepman, which included a G-Major and believe me the rig sounds KILLER!!!!

tone.jpg.w300h400.jpg

buddys.jpg

rig106.jpg

rig072.jpg

Archived