Catalinbread V8 - any thoughts?

C Fuzz

• Members

looks like there's no room for a battery?

let us know how it sounds!

Listing said adaptor only, fine with me. After I get this and my Holy Stain I NEED TO STOP buying pedals! Its like I have an addiction or something.:freak:

• Members

I bought one direct from Nicholas (Catalinbread) last time he made a batch and had them on ebay. No battery, adapter only. As per the original description (and I think it's now on his website too), up to the 12 o'clock position of the "Fuzz" knob it's a pretty smooth fuzz-face-ish type of gain. Above that, you start to get a self oscillation, and further clockwise turning tunes the oscillation to a lower and lower note, up to about an octave down. It also gets to be a little more sputtery, ie not much sustain but the oscillation comes in to claim your held notes. It's still a pretty smooth fuzz, aside from the oscillation, in this region of the dial. Playing in certain areas of the neck makes the played note compete with the oscillation, so you can get a sort of "harmonized/octave" feel at times, but no matter where you play on the neck you get a really strong "thud" when you hit notes, like the sub-tone sounds just as your picked note does. It really adds beef to the notes played, but again they do get robbed on the back end (which I like for that random noise thing). And as a final note, I discovered that my Strat's volume pot could control the oscillation tuning a little, but not all my guitars do this (I'm pretty sure my strat is wired kinda wrong, so....):wave:

• Members

I've got a mint one for sale - $80 shipped; it's on ebay right now, but it might have to be ended early and relisted because of an error. I'd rather someone here get it. I dig it, but I'm feeling more funk than fuzz these days, and I'm aiming for an envelope filter.

• Members

I bought one direct from Nicholas (Catalinbread) last time he made a batch and had them on ebay. No battery, adapter only. As per the original description (and I think it's now on his website too), up to the 12 o'clock position of the "Fuzz" knob it's a pretty smooth fuzz-face-ish type of gain. Above that, you start to get a self oscillation, and further clockwise turning tunes the oscillation to a lower and lower note, up to about an octave down. It also gets to be a little more sputtery, ie not much sustain but the oscillation comes in to claim your held notes. It's still a pretty smooth fuzz, aside from the oscillation, in this region of the dial. Playing in certain areas of the neck makes the played note compete with the oscillation, so you can get a sort of "harmonized/octave" feel at times, but no matter where you play on the neck you get a really strong "thud" when you hit notes, like the sub-tone sounds just as your picked note does. It really adds beef to the notes played, but again they do get robbed on the back end (which I like for that random noise thing). And as a final note, I discovered that my Strat's volume pot could control the oscillation tuning a little, but not all my guitars do this (I'm pretty sure my strat is wired kinda wrong, so....)
:wave:

That made me hard. Not really but it sounds wicked pissa.

Archived