Need a brutal distortion pedal

• Members

Hey guys, new to the forums.

Anywho i was wondering if anyone knows a good pedal for death metal/goregrind style guitar playing.

I have a $90USD max budget, I was looking at the Rocktron Zombie but that doesnt really sound too heavy as they say it is from the samples ive listened too, I also kind of liek the Rocktron Metal Planet.

How about the Metal Zone and Metal Master pedals?

• Members

I own a Rocktron Metal Planet, and plan on selling it, pm me if you're interested. It is a much better pedal than either the Boss or Digitech, imo. It is also very quiet, not adding much unwanted noise. It has a lot of gain and volume on tap. I rarely turn the volume up past 9 o'clock. One nice feature is dual mid range controls, so you can really fine tune your sound. It is indeed pretty heavy pedal, but turn back the gain, and it can make some other nice heavier overdrive sounds too.

I have a new amp, and have decided I don't need this pedal now. Another good one to consider is the EHX Metal Muff.

• Members

BTW I currently have a Metal Muff, and Tube Zone on my board, more versatile than the Landmine, as the Landmine will only do all out metal (no gain knob), + the Landmine is way too similar to my amps gain channel, so I found it a bit redundant to have it on my board, great pedal though if you are looking for high gain only.

Archived