Can the PP2 power the EHX SMM w/ hazarai?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Can the Pedal Power 2 power the EHX SMM w/ hazarai?
:confused:

Call or write the guys at Voodoo, they will call you back and are pretty helpful. I can tell you that I power my entire board including 4 large EHX pedals (HOG, DEM, Muff'n, Qtron+) off of my PP2. I do so by running a power strip of the aux power. It easily handles that amount of draw according to the Voodoo folks.

• Members

Doesn't having a power strip off of the aux defeat the purpose of a PP-2?

I suppose but I don't know of another way to power that many Large EHX pedals with a PP2? The vast majority of the board uses the 8 seperate outlets on the PP2. You can see the bottom of my board on page 9 or 10 of the battle of the boards contest. I was not easy but I managed to power that thing off of one PP2. My javaboost is on a 9V and should be... The small clone in the Qtron+ effects loop is as well. The thing is quiet as can be. I don't get bad interactions with large EHX stuff in general. I am not an electrical engineer so I can't tell you why? My guess is there is better power conditioning going on in the individual wall warts. My DEM has a three pronged plug as well?

Archived