Got a TIM today!

p90teleman

• Members
You are on the wrong forum, it just LOOKS like you are on the gear page
;)

(I love the Tim, just joking)

;)

Glad to hear YOU like it too!

I'd love to try the KOT someday. Seen Supersuckers live about 6+ months ago and Rontrose Heathman sounded(and PLAYED) rippin' good through his Orange!

He had a KOT, Teese wah, EHX Nano Stone and TU-2 on his pedalboard.

• Members

Little switches replace the push-pull pot and allow you one more clipping option - asymmetrical. They operate the same way internal dip switches on Timmy do. Push-pull is still the standard(note 'pull' written under the pot), I asked Paul if he could do it this way since I've seen some Tim's like this - no problem. What a great guy!.

Tim026.jpg

The sound of the Tim is really tweakable in a good way. You are basically able to re-EQ the gain everytime you change the setting. Low gain OD with great dynamics, seriously driven tones with boost on,really good clean boost...

And you definitely don't have to play blues, jazz or 'wimpy guitar hero' stuff with it...

It's a rock and roll pedal!!!!!

• Members

The Tim is a truly wonderful od. For the money, it is the best deal out there. I think its EQ capacity is second to none. For the life of me, I can't figure people getting worked up over the Timmy when the Tim is a better od. imo...

Never had a chance to try the Timmy. What do mean by 'better'? Boost/FX loop functions or...? Some people hear a difference, some don't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Never had a chance to try the Timmy. What do mean by 'better'? Boost/FX loop functions or...? Some people hear a difference, some don't.

I own the Tim and sold the Timmy to a fellow fum member. I bought the Tim first and bought the Timmy just to hear it there was any difference.

I personally found the Timmy to sound a little less sweet when engaged. it still sounded better than the vast majority of all the overdrives I'd used but the Tim sounded better. The Tim's EQ allows for more variety. For example, I've been playing a lot of Television and Tom Verlaine stuff recently. Setting my amp to super-clean, no bass, treble right up, and then setting the bass to zilch on the Tim with the treble right up, I can get a pretty passable Jazzmaster/Verlaine tone using my 335s. I couldn't get the same EQ response from the Timmy so to me the Tim has more options in the EQ department. Add in the boost, FX loop and the fact that it looks great... you can't lose. The Tim is the best OD pedal I've used. I used to think the Menatone Red Snapper was but the Tim is better. Maybe one day I'll try a Klon or Hermida Zendrive or somethign else costing megabucks but I don't want to. The Tim does an awful lot, so much so that I'm considering buying another so I can run them side by side with different options switched in.

The Timmy to me is more like the best open Tubescreamer you can get. A good pedal but I'll take th Tim first any day.

• Members
I own the Tim and sold the Timmy to a fellow fum member. I bought the Tim first and bought the Timmy just to hear it there was any difference.

I personally found the Timmy to sound a little less sweet when engaged. it still sounded better than the vast majority of all the overdrives I'd used but the Tim sounded better. The Tim's EQ allows for more variety. For example, I've been playing a lot of Television and Tom Verlaine stuff recently. Setting my amp to super-clean, no bass, treble right up, and then setting the bass to zilch on the Tim with the treble right up, I can get a pretty passable Jazzmaster/Verlaine tone using my 335s. I couldn't get the same EQ response from the Timmy so to me the Tim has more options in the EQ department. Add in the boost, FX loop and the fact that it looks great... you can't lose. The Tim is the best OD pedal I've used. I used to think the Menatone Red Snapper was but the Tim is better. Maybe one day I'll try a Klon or Hermida Zendrive or somethign else costing megabucks but I don't want to. The Tim does an awful lot, so much so that I'm considering buying another so I can run them side by side with different options switched in.

The Timmy to me is more like the best open Tubescreamer you can get. A good pedal but I'll take th Tim first any day.

Hey, thanks - thats a really cool review! Agree on all points.

I love the Tim, so much you can do with it. It's a pitty that HCFX crowd
doesn't pay more attention to Paul's stuff since it's really great for all kinds of
music - your Television reference is a really good example. No boring honky TS tones...you want your phasey-trippy-oscillating madness to cut? Sure, add a touch of treble ;)

Other than Klon and some amp flavored pedals I'd like to try(Woodrow, TBIAC) I'm done with ODs.

• Members

I feel the same way. The Tim does everything I need. I've thought about a Vox-flavoured pedal like the TBIAC or the DD30 but my AC15 comes back tomorrow after repairs and I'm on the phone to Valvetech this week to order a Hayseed 15 (at last!). I figure a Vox pedal isn't really needed :)

• Members
I feel the same way. The Tim does everything I need. I've thought about a Vox-flavoured pedal like the TBIAC or the DD30 but my AC15 comes back tomorrow after repairs and I'm on the phone to Valvetech this week to order a Hayseed 15 (at last!). I figure a Vox pedal isn't really needed
:)

Cool. What else in yr amp arsenal?

I've got a Twin and Blues Jr. and contrary to popular belief Tim works great into a clean Fender amp.

Archived