Do I NEED my RC-20XL??

• Members

I suppose I dont NEED any of my {censored}, as I dont gig or have a band. But you get the idea.

I like it because its like my "on the fly/off the top of my head" riff recorder. Ive got the DD-20 that I can use for looping.

While I love it, and it definitely gets used to its potential, Id LOVE the cash so that I could replace my Behr reverb (which you all know I love) with an RV-3 and maybe a boost/fuzz/DMM/etc/etc/etc.

And before you ask, YES, I am awful at making decisions like this.

Tuner>

Behr verb>

Fish & Chips EQ>

Brownie distortion>

Arion Phaser>

Verbzilla>

DD-20> (Hash Browns in RIGHT out to non-looper amp)

RC-20XL

• Members

honestly man.

I was in the same situation(dd20 and rc20) and I ended up selling dd20, it was just too much for me.

I replaced it with rv3 and dd5 and love my set up now.

No. DD-20 isnt going anywhere now. I love the fact that I can have preset delays now. Twist is nice. Warp seems like a waste of a setting spot.

• Members

I ask myself the same question. I have one and a DL4. I don't use the RC-20XL that much. It's great for recording and storing loops but it it sounds a little processed to me and I hate having to screw around with the levels all the time. I like the DL4 looper better for just playing around at home, although sometimes 28 seconds isn't enough and the undo feature on the RC-20XL is really helpful. Sometimes it's fun to screw with two loopers at once, but is it worth keeping, I'm not sure either. I'm thinking about the SMMH, if it had more loop time, 1 minute would work, I'd go for that. I guess I'm no help.

• Members

I sold my RC-2. I found it to be useless on my board and for its price I got a Holy Grail and Small Clone.

DD-20 has a looping function as you mentioned and could do the job for practicing i guess.

I suggest selling your RC-20 and grab a RV-3 and DMM. Then you'll be full of delay but who gets enough delay anyways?

• Members

I borrowed the RC-20XL for about a month, and I could never get the hang of that damn pedal. I wanted to like it so bad, and my wife almost bought it for me for my birthday. I finally gave up on it after I tried to use it at a solo gig, and one of the people in the audience yelled out, "Dude, get your {censored} together!" :lol:

I think the SMMH is much easier to use for looping purposes. Never tried the DD-20.

As for the RV-3, I'm thinking of getting rid of mine. It'll be tough parting with it, because it was my first delay pedal :cry: I'm still not sure I can separate from it :confused:

• Members
I like all of the responses here, but my biggest concern is that Ill lose the ability to save tunes/loops. I suppose I could use my TonePort and record them to my PC, but that is just a pain in the ass.

*sigh*

Get a 15$ minicassette recorder.

dingdingding problem solved.

:cop::cop::cop::cop:

+Anyway boss twin pedals make you look sort of like a gigantic tool. IMHO The RC-2 is nice and modest tho.

• Members
Get a 15$ minicassette recorder.

dingdingding problem solved.

:cop:

+Anyway boss twin pedals make you look sort of like a gigantic tool. IMHO The RC-2 is nice and modest tho.

I think my board is rad. Id rather have the XL for the convenience factor.

Why do Twin pedals make one look like a tool? I like em.

If I was going to own an RC, it would be an XL. (or a 50, but I cannot afford it).

• Members

Why get rid of it? Don't seperate. Never.

I already have 2 DMMs, an SMMH, a Holier Grail, a real spring reverb in my Vibroverb, and a Boss PS-3. I'm thinking that I have the delay/reverb fix pretty well satiated. Although, the RV-3 has stereo reverb, it is convenient when I need to quickly apply delay and reverb simultaneously, and it is collectible. I'm just thinking that someone else will give it more love than I will, because I don't see needing it very often, if at all. Any other reasons I should keep it?

Archived