Gainster vs. OCD

-DC/AC-

• Members

Two boutique OD pedals that I am GASing for right now. Need a solid medium to light gain pedal. I heard somewhere they are similar. Is this true? And if not, then which is better?

By the way, I would use it with a Gibson LP Studio into a Peavey Classic 30, and I play blues and rock.

• Members

Two boutique OD pedals that I am GASing for right now. Need a solid medium to light gain pedal. I heard somewhere they are similar. Is this true? And if not, then which is better?

By the way, I would use it with a Gibson LP Studio into a Peavey Classic 30, and I play blues and rock.

OCD= Marshall

Gainster= Fender Tweed. Both are wonderful!!

• Members

really prefer the barber direct drive over either of these pedals...

a shootout between the gainster and the direct drive is inevitable.

then it just boils down to personal feel.

I sold my second DD, kept the Gainster and OCD V 3. I will get another DD again one day.:cool:

• Members

OCD= Marshall

Gainster= Fender Tweed. Both are wonderful!!

Believe it or not, I planned on getting them both, I just wasn't sure if it was worth it if they sounded the same. I'll use the Gainster for Tweed sounds, the OCD for Plexi sounds, and a MI Audio Crunch Box for JCM tones...wow that sounds great.

I'll have to check out the Direct Drive though.Anymore info on that?

• Members

Believe it or not, I planned on getting them both, I just wasn't sure if it was worth it if they sounded the same. I'll use the Gainster for Tweed sounds, the OCD for Plexi sounds, and a MI Audio Crunch Box for JCM tones...wow that sounds great.

I'll have to check out the Direct Drive though.Anymore info on that?

DD= JTM 45, does a great clean boost and aTS-9 as well. Great pedal!

Archived