Just been listening to the new The Verve music just released

dangerous dan

• Members

Could be a Tele indeed, sounds like a Fender in the neck pickup position for sure on most of the track. The overdriven section, where the guitar gets a little quiet, sounds great too. I'm straining to listen to Nick at that point, but what he's playing warms the cockles of my heart.

• Members

McCabe turned my guitar world upside down when I got into him and yet I've never seen him play until now. I just hope it all holds together long enough for it to happen. I was gutted when he pulled out of the Slane Castle gig, fingers are crossed for this one.

Yeah Nick is pretty awesome. The reason I switched from bass to guitar. Absolutley love his use of delay. And he sounds awesome live, constantly tweaking his effects and improvising on the songs. I can't imagine the Verve without him.

Not sure about his equipment these days, but I have never seen him play a Tele. His main guitars have always been Les Paul and Strat, and to a lesser degree an ES-335, Jag, and Flying V from the early days. His amps from the early days were Mesa Boogie and then Marshall.

I wish he would list his rig on his web site. I'm over here in the States but for any of you going to the shows please try to spy on his equipment and give an update!

Archived