STEREO LOOP SWITCHER ADVICE

bmast160

• Members

I have two effects that have 1 input and 2 outputs. I want to run them both in stereo and im thinking the only way to do it is to use a dual stereo loop switcher so that i'd be able to switch, in stereo, between the two effects. Is there any other way to hook them up so i can run both in stereo? Does anyone know of a stereo dual loop switcher?

• Members

It's complicated. You'd need to use relays. You could build it, though. Use a SPDT stomp switch to control banks of relays that would switch between the two effects.

Also, you could use an A/B switch and a minimixer... this is the easiest option. Use a very small audio mixer (behringer, etc make some). Run the stereo outputs of both effects into channels 1 and 2, set them at unity gain. Run the stereo outputs of the mixer to the rest of your chain (or your amp(s)). Run the mono chain into the A/B switch, then run A out to effect 1, B out to effect 2. That way the output of both effects is live at all times, and you use the A/B switch to pick which gets the input. Downside is, no true bypass, and if one of your effects makes noise with no signal, this won't work very well..

Unfortunately, that's the only real way to do such a thing. People who make loop switchers typically don't build relay boxes (for whatever reason), at least I've never seen any. Let me know if you want to try building one and I can draw you a schematic.

Archived