Got it - Buddy Guy Wah!

Wolfboy1

• Members

It arrived yesterday $169.00 from Bananas.com. Excellent site, mailed the day I ordered and quick delivery.

I was playing through a Morley and before that a screamin demon. I could never get a warm good wah out of the demon (could be me but infinite variables did not equal great tone) Morley okay a bit better. Buddy Guy wah was everything I wanted. The sounds on the dunlop site are fairly close to what you get but I ran it through an MXR Distortion III and in the BG mode I got the best wah I have ever found.

It has 2 modes regular (using a fasel on both) and BG. THe regular is nice but the Buddy Guy mode has a larger lowend sweep. After some practice I really was getting some great gritty wah blues going. THe pedal is great to look at. It has true by-pass switching plus red and blue leds on either side to show it's status (on/off, Regular/BG mode). If anyone is interested I will post the wah sweep frequency ranges later when I get home. Lot of money but I love Buddy Guy and was kinda savin for this one. The price at Bananas is the best I found and the folks there were very nice. Great pedal:thu:

• Members

It is a great accent effect. Just like with the BG wah, when I put it with another effect it really makes the most of the pairing. I run it with an MXR flanger or an EVH phase and I really like the warmth of the tone. Not my favorite solo piece. More of an overdrive than a distortion. It's not an overly harsh effect either. I love my Bad Monkey for single effect use and run the DIII with other pedals. All these comments are so subjective but that's my take on it. Under everything is my guyatone ST2 compressor which I love!!

Archived