ehx holy grail questions

hangwire

• Members

the settings on this pedal... do any of them get the reverb to decay out over a long period of time... like the notes keep decaying in an ambient wash for seconds and seconds after the notes are hit?

are they making a smaller version, like a nano-grail?

anyoen heard if the soudn good with keyboard range, or is it guitar range only?

thanks!

• Members

definitely sounds great with keyboard. i've done a few recordings here and there with that combination, and i've found it a very useful tool for taming harsh highs that sometimes come from upper octaves on keys.

no nano version, but they just released an XO-sized remake called the Holy Grail Plus. [from the site]: "This upgrade of the Holy Grail adds graceful Room Reverb and a multi-function control for reverb time, damping, and modulation speed. The Grail just got a little more divine! "

n_holygrailplus.jpg

• Members

If you turn up a holy grail all the way you get almost no dry sound and it is superior to boss in staying warm and natural as you increase the level. The reverb doesn't decay or stick around for a long time, but I'm not sure if you'd call it short either. For really deep and long reverbs look at the line 6 verbzilla or maybe try combining a holy grail with an analog delay.

Archived