Novation ReMOTE SL

• Members

I returned the X-Station 25 today and tried to order the SL 61 at my local Gitar Central. Not in stock. Well, can you order it? Sure, lemme check... nope, can't get it until mid-June.

Bleh. :( I'll probably just order one online.

So, I know that XorAxAx loves his SL, can anyone else vouch? My main concerns:

- How's the action? As a reference, I really like the PEK's action and the X-Station's. I HATE the StudioLogic SL161. (Anyone wanna buy a keyboard?)

- Can I setup splits and layers on it alone? Or does it not do that? No mention of this capability in Novation's propaganda.

- How do you like using it to control a DAW? Bonus points if you use Sonar, my intended target. I'm hoping that it'll help me get around in track editing easier than mousing around.

- Build quality? Does it feel like a battleship or a paper boat?

Now accepting opinions, line forms on the right, thank you very much.

• Members

I like my SL37! Great for controlling VSTs and Logic. I like sliders, which I'm glad they put on it, although the sliders aren't the best IMO, but I still like them. I was also thinking about getting a Korg Padkontrol, but this has 8 pads, not as good, but a nice bonus. I like the feel of the knobs a lot. It's neither a battleship or a paperboat. It's plastic, but feels really sturdy. YMMV The keys have a nice feel to them.

Oh yeah, and I finally have a kaoss style pad. I should've got one a long time ago, these things are fun for morphing with 2 parameters.

Not sure about the splits and layers.

Archived