What happened to KSS?

Mike51

• Members

Now all I see is "buy buy buy". This has become a sterile, lifeless forum, almost like bots have taken over as regular posters.

Shame.

"Its more fun to compute... neeeeeeeh nuh"

"Its more fun to compute... neeeeeeeh nuh"

• Members

Now all I see is "buy buy buy". This has become a sterile, lifeless forum, almost like bots have taken over as regular posters.

Not so. I just got back from GC, and they had a surprising array of new stuff. OASYS, XS8, Radias, TI, MV8800, Mackie UCPro, big $14K Digidesign desk. I'm really surprised, as this GC never has anything but romplers, Crapios, and digital pianos. I had a great time demoing the stuff.

But I left with one distinct thought: All this {censored} is very expensive. I should just go home and learn how to use the stuff I already have, which is more than enough to make great music with.

• Members

Shame.

Then contribute something other then your repetitive bitching and whining. Once a month you post the same complaint with a slightly different spin.

• Members

A lot of people come to this forum just to post "hey should I get [insert keyboard here]?" I should know, I was one of them. It's just common nature. I guess because of the M-Day sales coming up a lot more people are gearing up to spend some money and decided to flood this forum with more of the "hey should I buy this?" posts. It'll die down soon, hopefully.

• Members

Yeah ... my GC has a Little Phatty now ... and like the philistine I am ... as soon as the new Motif became available, I abandoned it and pounced on the XS ...

The only impression the LP made on me (in the span of a minute) ... is ... that really the keybed? Makes my Micron keybed look like quality ...

I'l be back to check it out again ...

• Members

Yeah ... my GC has a Little Phatty now.

That's a shock. I was there last week and didn't see it. Just the usual pieces of {censored}.

When you try it out again, make sure to blast it, and don't forget about the extra parameters that are menu-only. Make quite a bit of difference.

• Members

The GC in Rockville, Maryland probably has the most amazing selection of synths I've seen in a store to date. V-Synth rack, Radias rack and Radias keyboard (two Radias's in one room), ION, Virus TI Polar, PolyEvolver, Little Phatty, most of the normal stuff (Tritons, Fantoms, Motifs, microkorg, etc.), some used keyboards (last time I checked there was a used Yamaha CS2x)... yeah. Just kinda blew me away that a Guitar Center would have all that, normally the ones in my area have very little to choose from.

• Members

Yeah ... my GC has a Little Phatty now ... and like the philistine I am ... as soon as the new Motif became available, I abandoned it and pounced on the XS ...

The only impression the LP made on me (in the span of a minute) ... is ... that really the keybed? Makes my Micron keybed look like quality ...

I'l be back to check it out again ...

LOL - I was recently very suprised to find a local shop had new A6s in stock and even had one out for demo.

And like a complete heathen - keeping my loot for an M3 in the summer :)

OK - real reason - given the synths I have, I didnt think it really added anything...

• Members

He was before my time. Was he better than Egans/Walters/Chas?

I'd say 'different' but much more entertaining adding colour & spice.

I'd qualify it is as harmless forum drama.

Actually, I miss it here :freak:

• Members

Quote by BillyWa:

"I suppose we could all use a good shot of ADSR to suppress the spring-time GAS."

Na, we've been punished enough. Billy, why don't you post some more pictures of that HOT woman in shorts playing guitar like you did some time ago. You're holding out on us.

Mike T.

Archived