the fender combo amp owners thread

Liberty Belle

• Members

so, who owns a 2x12 fender combo?

(meaning 2 speakers and head all in teh one box)

i wana see how many have twins,devilles,etc just to see how popular they are among effects freaks!

i have a twin reverb and ss fm 2x12.

:wave:

Post what combo's you like, 1 or 2 or even 4 speakers, dont matter.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My dad's giving me $250 for christmas, so I'm trying to sell my Orange rig and get a Twin Reverb Reissue. Approve?

of course, TR's are my favorite of all amps.

i have the 65 RI and its great straight out of the box. theres talk of the jensen speakers being {censored} cause there not all original company and {censored} but they aren't just fine, there {censored}ing excellent!

think about it,why would fender put {censored} speakers in a top of the line amp?!?!?!? they speak for themself anyways.

• Members

Yeah, I want to get it. It gets real loud. I want real loud clean. Just don't know how willing my dad will be to see me come home with an amp that costs $1100. I'll try to haggle the guy though, seeing as I'll be paying cash, and cash is a good leverage point.

• Members

uh huh!

i was after a blonde tr but couldnt find one so i got the standard black, happens to be the 60 year diamond anniversary edition with the badge on the back, i really dont know what that means but there ya go.lol

it may mean something in years to come...........

they released a bunch of strats in 06 with it too.

• Members
Yeah, I want to get it. It gets real loud. I want real loud clean. Just don't know how willing my dad will be to see me come home with an amp that costs $1100. I'll try to haggle the guy though, seeing as I'll be paying cash, and cash is a good leverage point.

keep saving and youl be glad you did when you play clean into one man, so good.

mine retails here in oz at AU$3,100, i got it for AU$2,300 cause i know the store owner but its still a lot of money but worth every cent imo.

US amps are dear as {censored} here dude, so ya lucky in that respect.

• Members
Tiny Terror and 60W cab. Offering them both at pretty good prices and everything. Great rig, but at this time I'm just looking for cleans. They're each two months old.

you'll take a beating on it. find something like an old used carvin x amp ($200ish) or jc77 ($200ish), both of which'll deliver cleans galore, really. keep the orange.

my 73ish, i think:

twinreverb001.jpg

and the lil bugger:

P1010040-1.jpg

Archived