Instead of a Line6 FM4

bmast160

• Members

I want something that will get the obi-wah (oberheim voltage controlled filter), throbber(electrix filter factory), and synth string(roland GR700) sounds but want better fidelity that the fm4 has. is there anything that can get close that sounds better than the fm4?

• Members

i would if you want all those sounds...but when you use it, it sounds like you're listening to a cd. that quality sound...not like you're making the music. thats why im selling mine. but for the price tho i dont think anything comes close.

just saw robotalk was discontinued. they're releasing an updated new one in 2008.

was also thinking a ehx micro synth to get the synth string sound...

so robotalk for the obiwah and micro synth for the synth string sound? suggestions?
not even sure if the micro synth can get the synth string sound

• Members

just got the fm-4, and it's great for what it is.

but for what you're asking, the philtre would cover those two sounds, but has a worse bypass and wouldn't sound much better. The Robotalk, Microsynth (probably won't nail the exact sound on the FM-4, but sounds a bit better and will get you something good), and The Worm for the throbber (or maybe the akai Variwah) would definetely work well for those three settings... but for that sort of cash, why not try the filter pro?

Archived