May be old news...dd-6 tap tempo ability?

BTBAM

• Members

So i was thinking...

The thing I don't like about my dd-6 is the tap tempo feature. hold down for 2 seconds to tap...then hold for 2 seconds to get out of tap...then turn off.

if in a hurry...that won't work well at all.

But...what if it was always in tap tempo mode...and you just put it behind a looper? that way you on and off it with the tb looper, plus it's always in tap tempo mode. It seems perfect. I don't know...old news...but I never thought about it before.

I'm going to try it tonight. the only thing it won't allow is the trails. Is there a way to make a looper that can allow signal to trail off? hmm...just pondering.

• Members

doesn't have to be tb...hmm.

You would have to have a delay that has a dry out and a wet out... then design a circuit such that when you disengage the "looper", it turns on the dry out, and fades out the wet out over a period of time...

Too much of a pain, in my opinion.

• Members

doesn't have to be tb...hmm.

still. the only way I can think of making this work is if you have a wet only out on the delay. Split the signal before the delay, with one out going straight into the amp and the other going into the delay and then out to the amp. put footswitch that mutes after the split, but before the delay (something like a tuner...). That way, you always get the clean sound and you get trails and you get the effect of a tb loop. but that's kind of a lot of work.

• Members

Is there any way to mod a DD-6 for external tap tempo? Someone mentioned that Analogman does that mod, but it's not listed on his DD-5/DD-6 mod page... He just talks about expression pedal jacks for the knobs. Cause that would be really sweet.

• Members

i'm almost 100% sure he can't do it for the dd-6

It would make sense for him not to be able to... Since it's a digital product, the hold-2-seconds is telling the controlling microchip to go into tap mode, it wouldn't make design sense to have another input line into the microchip to be able to have dedicated tap...

sigh.

Archived