GCX Switcher question?

dermusolini

• Members

hey there, im after a switching system, and im looking at the ground control pro/gcx switcher system from voodoolab, checking out the manual and it seems fairly cheap and kinda what im after...

just one thing i can't seem to get a definite answer on, with its 8 loops, im not sure if its capable of merely A/B'ing the loops in and out, or if its capable of that and arranging them in any order...

for example if ive got a distortion in loop 5, and a pitchshifter in loop 7, that i can punch them in and out but also have the pitchshifter come before the distortion and vice versa? is it capable of this, or does everything have to be linear 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 ?

• Members

bummer... yeh the switchblade seems very pricey...

theres not anything else on the market that can switch orders? im sure i saw something earlier in the year, it was an elaborate looper setup that worked on dip switches or something like that, claiming to be able to switch in any preset order...

• Members

hey there, im after a switching system, and im looking at the ground control pro/gcx switcher system from voodoolab, checking out the manual and it seems fairly cheap and kinda what im after...

just one thing i can't seem to get a definite answer on, with its 8 loops, im not sure if its capable of merely A/B'ing the loops in and out, or if its capable of that and arranging them in any order...

for example if ive got a distortion in loop 5, and a pitchshifter in loop 7, that i can punch them in and out but also have the pitchshifter come before the distortion and vice versa? is it capable of this, or does everything have to be linear 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 ?

You can arrange them in any order but once you've arranged them you can't change them per program.

I have an unused Ground Control Pro for sale if you're interested. I have two of them...one was my touring backup and I never had to use it...it's in brand new condition and has never been stomped on. PM me if you're interested.

Ty

• Members

confused, sorry how do u mean you cant change them per program?

do you mean you mean you can physically cable them up 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8, but then change it 1-3-4-6-2-5-8-7 within the switcher or whatever as the default order?

or do you just mean your only choice is how you physically chain yr pedals when cabling them up in loops linearly 1-8?

Archived