Visual sounds H2O V2

lenster

• Members

from the website
Do Visual Sound pedals have "true-bypass"?
No, but for some very sound reasons. And they have something which may be better: Pure Bypass.
First, the switches required for "true-bypass" are far more expensive than ours and are less reliable in the long run. This would make our pedals in the $200+ range (list price) and they wouldn't last as long. Our unique electro-mechanical switching system with heavy-duty switches and a "switch chip" should last a good long time.
Secondly, the buffering system in the pedals was taken from our Pure Tone pedal. This pedal was built originally for guitarist Neil Zaza who needed something to clean up his bypass tone for all the pedals he used (VOX wah included). Pure Tone, when placed first in the chain, made it sound like you were plugged straight into the amp even when going through notorious tone killer pedals. We ended up selling about 200 of these to very happy tone conscious guitar players before we put it into Jekyll & Hyde as an added feature. So, if J&H or Rt. 66 is first in your chain, it will buffer everything that follows it as well as itself. Even if it's in the middle of the chain, it will still work to some extent.
Thirdly, the Pure Tone buffer also keeps the Hyde circuit (in Jekyll & Hyde) stable. In the early stages of design, I noticed that the Hyde circuit was prone to occillation and feedback until I put the Pure Tone circuit before it. Somehow, it left all the good characteristics in tact and eliminated the ugliness.

• Members

Your choice of beer offends me, but I second your interest in the new H20 :poke:

That switch looks large and odd

Not necessarily my fave beer just thought i'd use an avatar that has an "Aussie flavour".

At the moment i will say i'm really enjoying Hahn Super Dry.

• Members

the new jeckyl and hyde is buffered...so this probably is too.

i kinda dont like the new switches...i like the click that a normal switch has when you hit it and these don't do that.

kinda interested in the h20 though

Is your avatar a still from "You Can't Do That On Television"? I loved that show as a kid...

Archived