Interesting things you might not know! (Fact or Fiction)

tenoken

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some assorted Nirvana trivia, all true...

Nirvana were offered a Gibson endorsement, but Kurt couldn't find a Gibson he liked. [10]
I've almost always seen pictures of Kurt using Ernie Ball straps, in solid black or solid white [3]

Kurt claimed to use a Radio Shack burglar alarm [7] and Radio Shack speakers. [10] Its sounds like he's kidding, though you never know. He also claimed to use strings made out of piano wire, shipped in long boxes, as he couldn't find guitar wire thick enough for his taste. [7]

Hole's "Doll Parts" video has guitarist Eric Erlandson playing a left-handed Jaguar guitar (with neck position humbucker pickups) strung so a right-handed guitarist can play it. [11] It looks like Kurt's '66 Jaguar. Peter Buck plays a sonic blue lefty Jag-stang of Kurt's (upside-down) in the video for R.E.M.'s "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" [16]

• Members

hmmm I dont agree on that one mate....

Mike patton is a great singer... forget Faith No More (that I think its good) but his other stuff as well.... he is great..

To be fair, I haven't heard his stuff since early FNM. I remember when "Epic" hit and was soooo played out on the radio - maybe I should see what he's been up to lately?

• Members

Cocaine is a hell of a drug. (fact)

Carlos Mencia is not funny. (fact)

Religions are man made. (fact)

Major league baseball is the most boring sport in the world. (fact)

Star wars is actually a documentary. (Faction... you never know. It could happen.)

• Members
Major league baseball is the most boring sport in the world. (fact)

Dude, WTF? :freak:

You ever try to watch pro golf? Or pro fishing or even freakin' nascar? All way more boring than baseball. Don't even get me started on bowling.

What about all those damn pro poker tournaments? There is NOTHING more boring than watching a bunch of OCD card counters grind each other into dust. Makes me want to peel my eyeballs. :poke:

• Members
Dude, WTF?
:freak:

You ever try to watch pro golf? Or pro fishing or even freakin' nascar? All way more boring than baseball. Don't even get me started on bowling.

What about all those damn pro poker tournaments? There is NOTHING more boring than watching a bunch of OCD card counters grind each other into dust. Makes me want to peel my eyeballs. :poke:

and pro TiddlyWinks!

tiddlywinks-3.jpg

• Members

To be fair, I haven't heard his stuff since early FNM. I remember when "Epic" hit and was soooo played out on the radio - maybe I should see what he's been up to lately?

he's ventured pretty far since then... i don't know your tastes so i can't make a good reccommendation but my favorite are the Patton + Kaada album, the EP he did with the Dillinger Escape Plan, and the Fantomas records

• Members

Sonic Youth is a talentless bunch of hacks who can make barely listenable music in the studio but sound like a bunch of ass scratching chimps live. Musicians like them only because it makes them feel a little better about their own crappy music.

• Members

The Pixies actually own the company that makes Pixie sticks (Fact)

Brian May is not really a guitar player and invented guitar hero (Fact)

Billy Gibbons does not use a quarter or an old peso as a pick, its actually an old dried up used condom that Jimi Hendrix gave him (Jimi Claimed that He used it on Keith Richards)

• Members

'Green Day' is a reference to smoking weed.

Blink 182 refers to the number of times (182) the word '{censored}' is uttered in Scarface.

The singer from Tool had some ribs removed so he could bend over further and suck himself off. (See the cd insert to that one album.)

Kim Thayil is coming back with a new band in 2008.

Archived