Anyone ever heard of this before?

billboneys

• Members

He definitely seems proud of his pedal and his guitar.

Is a Zachary Guitar really for YOU ???

I will now try to talk you out of buying one of my guitars.

I need to know more about YOU and what kind of person and player you are.

Remember one thing; I do not make custom guitars.

I make guitars as I chose and what I like. Whatever interests me at any particular time.

If you like what I made, then I may sell it to you, if I feel that it suits you and you will be able to appreciate it.

Regardless of how much money you have, I will not sell you any guitar if I feel its not right for you or that you don't deserve to own it.

If its not right for you then you will not appreciate it. This is of no advantage to either one of us if my guitars are not what you need or deserve.

Ask yourself these questions:

- Will you be happy with a Zachary guitar 1 year, 5 years or 10 years down the road?

I know that you don't have a crystal ball but what is your gut feeling? If you don't feel that this will be your ultimate no.1 guitar then it will not benefit either one of us.

- Is it just an impulsive decision?

Are you what they call a "gearhead" or what I call a "materialistic hack" who buys new toys constantly only to be unfulfilled and wanting to buy even more "things"? I know we are all guilty of this to some point, however, if you have a bad case of this, retailers may love you but its a sickness and you should have it looked at. Will a Zachary guitar be just another one of these short lived toys that you will loose interest in, like a kid who no longer pics up his expensive toy 2 weeks after Christmas? If you think this may happen, don't buy a Zachary guitar. It will not benefit either one of us.

- Are you a competent enough player to take advantage of what a Zachary guitar has to offer?

You have to either be a competent player or you have to be knowledgeable about guitars to appreciate a Zachary Guitar. If you posses both of these qualities, you will love my guitars. If you can not make good use of what these guitars have to offer it will not benefit either one of us.

- Will you play the guitar?

My guitars are for playing and they are built for players. Will you play it religiously every day or will you just store it in the case and pick it up once a month, every six month or hardly ever. Even if you suck as a player, you can still play the guitar. If you will not play the guitar then it will not benefit either one of us.

If you are not truly serious about owning a Zachary guitar for the long term then lets not even do it and save everyone the hassle. I need a long term commitment from whoever buys one of my guitars. Yes, its like getting married. I am in the enviable position to be able to choose who I sell a guitar to because I do not build guitars for the money. I do it strictly for the love of it. I have another business that pays the bills very well.

I have made some mistakes in the past that still bother me. I sold some guitars to individuals who I should not have sold to.

People's lack of knowledge and experience about guitars, lack of playing skills and an impulsive shopping disorder all contribute to sending a Zachary guitar to the wrong home. This always makes me sad. This type of scenario creates problems and discomfort for both me and the customer.

Please understand that buying a guitar from a builder is very different from buying a guitar from a store. A store does not care who they sell to as long as they sell as much as possible. Its your money they are after. People who own or work at music stores are not emotionally attached to any of their products. With me its a very different situation.

When you buy a handmade guitar from the builder, you are taking a part of the builder with you. A handmade guitar is a personal creation and has emotions attached to it.

But you already knew all this.

Thank you for understanding.

Now go on down to that fancy music store and put a deposit down on that heavily advertised, flashy, vintage, signature model with the killer top.

Its much easier than dealing with this crap and the {censored}ing attitude.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

He is trying to wake people up! Ask yourself why out of over a hundred guitars has no one recorded anything negative about them? Why do you virtually never see any for sale? Why have so many (almost all) owners converted completely and won't play anything else? These are important questions as he has broken the laws of probability.Check out the HC reviews, 10's and 9's all the way through! (mostly 10's). The only negative "press" he gets is about his attitude but my God!, we need some politcally incorrect people in the industry! I for one am converted and am now just beginning my looong wait for a Z3 he's going to build for me. Just watch the vids, look at the pictures, listen to the tones and read what the owners and players are saying about them and maybe you'll wake up too. I have a '97 PRS CE22 for sale if anyone wants it. I'll be playing me old ESP "shark" strat 'till me Zachary arrives.

• Members

He is trying to wake people up! Ask yourself why out of over a hundred guitars has no one recorded anything negative about them? Why do you virtually never see any for sale? Why have so many (almost all) owners converted completely and won't play anything else? These are important questions as he has broken the laws of probability.Check out the HC reviews, 10's and 9's all the way through! (mostly 10's). The only negative "press" he gets is about his attitude but my God!, we need some politcally incorrect people in the industry! I for one am converted and am now just beginning my looong wait for a Z3 he's going to build for me. Just watch the vids, look at the pictures, listen to the tones and read what the owners and players are saying about them and maybe you'll wake up too. I have a '97 PRS CE22 for sale if anyone wants it. I'll be playing me old ESP "shark" strat 'till me Zachary arrives.

*yawn*

• Members

:wave: Hi Zachary......:rolleyes:

Archived