Stereo Cables and Insert Cables

bmast160

• Members

connecting pedals together. i need some with good fidelity...i use george l's so something similar would be a good match.

You have to be a little more specific than "connecting pedals together." If it's that simple, then why the stereo cable? :confused:

George L's are good, but be warned: unless your {censored}'s velcro'd to your pedalboard (as opposed to sliding around on a hardwood floor like my pedals), the connections can sometimes wear out.

As far as a stereo cable, are you talking about a y-cable? If so, be very careful about picking one out. You have to make sure they're exactly the config you need. I bought a mono y-cable from Lava, only to find out later that what I actually needed, for my purposes, was a stereo y-cable*, and I still had to go out to Radio Shack to get an adapter** so that I could connect my stereo y-cable to the mono guitar cable that goes out to my amp.

*was able to get it exchanged because Mark, aka LavaMan, is a good guy like that

**only go to Radio Shack for adapters, NOT guitar cables!

• Members

using a lehle d loop. need one stereo cable going from a mono effect into the d loop to activate the stereo capability, thus only the tip will be functioning for this part. for the first loop a stereo cable to the first effect(chorus which has 1 input and 2 outputs) then a few other effects with two mono ins and two mono outs, then a cable with 2 mono's on one end and 1 stereo on the other end (this will complete the first loop)...

so just a cable with 1 stereo male jack on one end and a male stereo jack on the other.

and a cable with 2 mono male jacks on one side and 1 male stereo jack on the other.

• Members
  • Members
George L's are good, but be warned: unless your {censored}'s velcro'd to your pedalboard (as opposed to sliding around on a hardwood floor like my pedals), the connections can sometimes wear out.

Why do people say that George L's are good if their connectors are crap? It's only less than a foot of cable. Even the worst cable can't be that bad at that short a length. It's the connectors that count on a foot of cable.

Archived