POD X3 Live ~ your thoughts

J.Paul

• Members
Anyone got any feedback on this unit?

It's great!

I've ditched a whole bunch of boutique pedals for a podx3 live and I haven't looked back.

I use it for recording and I set it up how I like it and then add some additional plugins like quality reverb and eq. I can hear the exact guitar tone that is going on the song and I can even play along with the other parts.

I haven't used it in a band yet though.

Check out Look Up on my myspace.com/throughtheforests

The main guitar uses only some software reverb and the rest is PODX3

• Members

I was underwhelmed by it when I demoed it at the music store. It does some things really well but I didn't like the overall sound of it. Its about on par with the Digitech GNX series in my opinion. The Marshall emulation is good. The Rectifier emulation is {censored}. I admit a bias, though. If a modeler can't make a decent recto emulation, that's a HUGE strike against it for me. I don't remember the wahs being anything special, either. I suppose its not bad if you get a good deal on it.

• Members

I was underwhelmed by it when I demoed it at the music store. It does some things really well but I didn't like the overall sound of it. Its about on par with the Digitech GNX series in my opinion. The Marshall emulation is good. The Rectifier emulation is {censored}. I admit a bias, though. If a modeler can't make a decent recto emulation, that's a HUGE strike against it for me. I don't remember the wahs being anything special, either. I suppose its not bad if you get a good deal on it.

I got mine 20% off on black friday.

I think with the POD you really have to tweak it a bunch and add some good software plugins to make it sound its best.

The clean sounds are really good.

I admit many of the POD sounds chop off a bit of the high end though, a bit of eq or I even sometimes run it through another software guitar amp sim for more brightness.

But it's better than anything else for the price, and unless you feel like spending over a grand and waiting for a few months for an Axefx, the PODx3l is a good choice.

• Members

I disagree wholeheartedly. I think the Boss GT-8 is a much better buy as well as the Tonelab SE or the LE. I just recently bought a Zoom G7.1ut after playing with one in the music store for a long time. The POD falls under all of these in my opinion. Its closer to being on par with the Zoom G series than with the Boss and the Tonelab. Like I said, I was underwhelmed by it. Its not a bad unit but I think the GT-8 and the Tonelab are better.

Archived