#1 echo youtube review

chisa

• Members
It definitely does seem bright, but I think it would complement the Dan-Echo, which is really warm and a darker. Think about this setup: Echo-1 first, Dan-Echo second, both set to one repeat.
:love:

That could be cool, but I'd still say go for the SMMH. That way, you won't be 100% limited to the "bright" side of the delay. The SMMH can sound extremely bright, or extremely dark - plus everything in between. The filter knob is the key on that - It effectively filters out the frequencies that make a delay sound bright or dark. More to the left, and it gets darker by removing the high end from the repeats. More to the right, and it filters out the lows to get bright repeats. About 12:00 is even.

• Members

I don't know, I'll try them side by side and see. I know the GC carries both, I just hope they have both in stock when I go there.

I'm not convinced it's identical to the SMMH's 1-sec delay - EHX is notorious for going back and forth in their circuits. The Big Muff circuit has changed a few times in the last ten years, and as I understand it the 2007 models were closer to the triangle muff than the year before. So it could be that there are similarities but it isn't identical. I'll check it out side-by-side and see. I really dig the way that #1 sounds in the clip, for sure.

Plus, it's a lot less expensive than the SMMH, and that definitely is a factor. I wish I could say money is not an object but that just isn't the case.

• Members

I don't know, I'll try them side by side and see. I know the GC carries both, I just hope they have both in stock when I go there.

I'm not convinced it's identical to the SMMH's 1-sec delay - EHX is notorious for going back and forth in their circuits. The Big Muff circuit has changed a few times in the last ten years, and as I understand it the 2007 models were closer to the triangle muff than the year before. So it could be that there are similarities but it isn't identical. I'll check it out side-by-side and see. I really dig the way that #1 sounds in the clip, for sure.

Plus, it's a lot less expensive than the SMMH, and that definitely is a factor. I wish I could say money is not an object but that just isn't the case.

I know the feeling. Budget is always a concern. If the #1 Echo is fairly close to the SMMH's 1 second mode, it's worth it's price. I by far like the 1 sec mode on the SMMH the most for standard delay sounds. Reverb as well. My only worry is that the #1 echo would be a bit on the bright side. However, if you're going for a bright delay, I can't see that as an issue.

As for the Big Muff circuit, I don't know what they did last year with them, but they need to keep doing it. My 2007 Big Muff sounds absolutely amazing.

Archived