#1 echo youtube review

chisa

• Members
Ehhh... I didn't really like it.

A bit too pristine for my tastes.

:D

maybe not running it through the FX loop may suit you more. i like the clearness of it which it what i really bought it for so i try to get it as clear as poss, but running it before the input does seem to change things up a bit.

maybe have a look at the memory man, i think that is all analogue. but pricey.

• Members

Hey-o, found my next echo. It's got a lot of the same character my Danelectro Dan-Echo does. Same warmth, but more clarity. Will buy, will put beside my Dan-Echo and they will live happily ever after.

Edit: Although you guys have got me GAS'ing for the SMMH...

• Members

Hey-o, found my next echo. It's got a lot of the same character my Danelectro Dan-Echo does. Same warmth, but more clarity. Will buy, will put beside my Dan-Echo and they will live happily ever after.

Edit: Although you guys have got me GAS'ing for the SMMH...

Just get the SMMH if it at all appeals to you. If the #1 echo is really that similar to the SMMH's 1 second mode, there's no reason to get the #1over the SMMH, as the SMMH has a LOT more control.

I was hoping for some decent oscillation, but oh well. #1 echo gas=dead.

• Members
Just get the SMMH if it at all appeals to you. If the #1 echo is really that similar to the SMMH's 1 second mode, there's no reason to get the #1over the SMMH, as the SMMH has a LOT more control.

I was hoping for some decent oscillation, but oh well. #1 echo gas=dead.

Well, the thing is, lately I'm more into a "plug and play" mode. Not like, "guitar-->amp bitches" but I don't want to have to screw around with too much while I'm doing my sound. I don't mind setting up patches or anything, but... Is it easy to work with the SMMH? Keep in mind that I've worked with amp modeling gear from Korg's little units to the G9.2tt to the Pod XT/3 to the Boss GT8 Amplitube and Guitar Rig to AxeFX, so I'm not at all technically handicapped, but if I'm only going to have access to a few knobs at once I need it to be quick to work with so that I'm not handicapped trying to edit on the fly.

Also, for what it's worth, self-oscillation is of absolutely no use to me at all and doesn't factor in the least as far as my purchasing decision goes. And another thing - I'm about to do a full 4x12 speaker re-kit of my Trace-Elliot cab because I managed to hurt one of my English V30s and don't want it to happen to any of the others - going to get it repaired and put them in a recording-only cab, and use some heavy-duty Emminence or extremely affordable Warehouse speakers as my day-to-day'ers. So I might need the price difference soon :)

Do I need to just get another Dan-Echo and run them side by side configured differently? Heh.

• Members
Well, the thing is, lately I'm more into a "plug and play" mode. Not like, "guitar-->amp bitches" but I don't want to have to screw around with too much while I'm doing my sound. I don't mind setting up patches or anything, but... Is it easy to work with the SMMH? Keep in mind that I've worked with amp modeling gear from Korg's little units to the G9.2tt to the Pod XT/3 to the Boss GT8 Amplitube and Guitar Rig to AxeFX, so I'm not at all technically handicapped, but if I'm only going to have access to a few knobs at once I need it to be quick to work with so that I'm not handicapped trying to edit on the fly.

Also, for what it's worth, self-oscillation is of absolutely no use to me at all and doesn't factor in the least as far as my purchasing decision goes. And another thing - I'm about to do a full 4x12 speaker re-kit of my Trace-Elliot cab because I managed to hurt one of my English V30s and don't want it to happen to any of the others - going to get it repaired and put them in a recording-only cab, and use some heavy-duty Emminence or extremely affordable Warehouse speakers as my day-to-day'ers. So I might need the price difference soon
:)

Do I need to just get another Dan-Echo and run them side by side configured differently? Heh.

The SMMH is really "plug and play" friendly once you get the presets you want. Basically, all you do is switch it on, give the Hazari knob a turn to the mode you want, and then just push the Hazari knob down lightly and you're good to go.

As for editing on the fly, all you do is just turn it to another setting. If you like the new setting more, you just hold down the Hazari knob for 3 seconds to save it as the preset.

Also, you really don't mess with all of the knobs. I find that I leave the blend and filter knobs alone 99% of the time. Decay and Delay time are really all I tweak. :idk:

• Members

I'll see if I can find a place to give one a good run-through. The GC near me only recently started stocking it, so hopefully they've still got some in-store that I can check out.

Keep in mind - it WILL take a bit of time to get comfortable with it. I put a few hours in with mine before I even thought about messing with presets.

Once you know what everything does in each mode, it's really fast to use. But, it's not like a DE7 where you just plug it in, turn everything to 12:00 and get a nice delay.

Archived