The general opinion on the Ibanez lu20

Tengo

• Members

These don't look half bad at all, and would appear to be just the right size for where it needs to be on my board. It would also be run from the tuner out of a volume pedal.

Now, considering it's half the price of a TU-2, please tell me there isn't something fundamentally wrong with it.

please.

• Members

These don't look half bad at all, and would appear to be just the right size for where it needs to be on my board. It would also be run from the tuner out of a volume pedal.

Now, considering it's half the price of a TU-2, please tell me there isn't something fundamentally wrong with it.

please.

I have the LU10 (the non footswitch version) and it works just fine for me....I think if I was going to get a footpedal one and didn't want to pay for a Boss or Korg, I'd probably go for the behringer boss clone.

• Members

There's probably nothing wrong with the tuner itself, but if you run it from the tuner out, expect some tone loss (especially if the volume pedal is the first thing the guitar signal sees). If there's a fully buffered (Boss or similar) pedal in front of the volume pedal, it should work. Otherwise, I'd go for an A/B switch and add the tuner of your choice (any tuner - it doesn't have to be a pedal tuner) to the "B" output.

The LU20 is supposedly true bypass, in which case you'd be better off running it in line. I haven't looked inside one of these yet, so I can't say wether their claim is valid or not. I would, however, be very surprised if it turns out to be true bypass (yes, I'm a cynic).

/Andreas

Archived