Harley Benton Stuff

Kid_A

• Members

The Harley Benton GA5 is the pretty much same as an Epi Valve Junior. From the same factory, just a different badge.

Yea thats what i heard... but for the price do you care? I think it looks better then the Epi Jnr... And the Epi Jnr dont have a tone control either does it?

• Members

The Harley Benton GA5 is the pretty much same as an Epi Valve Junior. From the same factory, just a different badge.

I was gonna say I don't think they 'make thier own' it's just re-badged stuff...epiphone, squier or whatever. The Harley Benton pedals I've seen labeled as several other cheapo brands. I suspect some of it is pretty decent, other stuff not so good.

• Members

Yea thats what i heard... but for the price do you care? I think it looks better then the Epi Jnr... And the Epi Jnr dont have a tone control either does it?

no, I don't care...that amp looks sweet for the money..

I don't know if I'd buy one of those own name strats though.

• Members
Oh no, I wouldn't care. There's a UK giy on ebay who mods those Harley benton GA5s to make them awesome. He uses them because he can get them cheaper than the Epi and there's no difference.

I want the head 'GA5H' because it looks like 'gash' which makes me laugh...:lol:

• Members

Oh no, I wouldn't care. There's a UK giy on ebay who mods those Harley benton GA5s to make them awesome. He uses them because he can get them cheaper than the Epi and there's no difference.

Isn't it the guy who makes those RAT mods? He calls them RAT amps I think.

• Members

I hate to be that guy who only ever recommends the stuff he's got, but I honestly can't recommend the Laney LC15R highly enough. It's really seriously great, and has some good features (extention speaker output, footswitchable reverb, effects loop).

I play mine at home all the time and 15 watts is by no means too loud even for a 3am solo jam, but it's insanely loud for 15 watts and a single 10" speaker when it needs to be. Mine cut through a full band jam with ease, and I was competing with a 50 watt 2x12 all valve Marshall JMP combo, a Fender Rocpro700 solid state combo (i think that's what it was called), a Laney 250 watt 1x15" combo and a heavy handed drummer. As a matter of fact, I had easily the best tone of the 3 guitarists there.

Archived