OT: Mars Volta Coming to the nola HOB...

Bigsnake

• Members

if you're in a small club, beware of the drugged up kids that can ruin your night.

i was almost vomited on @ their show in nyc on 1/14. not to mention the loads of kids obviously tripping on everything.

yeah man i went to see this badass Pink Floyd tribute band at the HoB there about a month ago (The Machine, {censored}ing awesome :thu: ) and there were a bunch of {censored}ing drugged up morons who were annoying the {censored} out of me. i didn't want to get kicked out and i was enjoying the music, but if wasn't digging it so much i think i would have had to hurt them.

oh yeah and HoB sucks now. YOU CAN"T SMOKE INSIDE WTF!!!!!!????? the band started playing "Echoes" and i couldn't light a cigarette, i tell ya, it was painful

• Members

yeah man i went to see this badass Pink Floyd tribute band at the HoB there about a month ago (The Machine, {censored}ing awesome
:thu:
) and there were a bunch of {censored}ing drugged up morons who were annoying the {censored} out of me. i didn't want to get kicked out and i was enjoying the music, but if wasn't digging it so much i think i would have had to hurt them.

oh yeah and HoB sucks now. YOU CAN"T SMOKE INSIDE WTF!!!!!!????? the band started playing "Echoes" and i couldn't light a cigarette, i tell ya, it was painful

my stance on making a concert an experience is... as long as you dont ruin everyone else's time, enjoy yourself. get {censored}ed up @ home, and when you're in public, do what you can handle, if not less.

smoking @ venues is terribly difficult. unless you're clever enough to sneak a bowl thru securit, and smoke it in the crowd secretively, you're probably gonna get ejected.

• Members

smoking @ venues is terribly difficult. unless you're clever enough to sneak a bowl thru securit, and smoke it in the crowd secretively, you're probably gonna get ejected.

I did this dozens and dozens of times at shows before the Austin indoor smoking ban and never had a problem. Now ... not so much :(

• Members

It's the loss of producer and Omar taking ovrer writing everyone's part instead of them adding thier thing to what he had already wrote.

Dead on. The guy's a control freak. Someone has to tell him that not all his ideas are brilliant.

• Members

Yeah, I didn't care too much for Threes when it came out...but now as I listen to it more it gets a heavier rotation in my music player. Starting to dig a lot of the songs.

Don't get me wrong, I like me some TMV as well...but I think Sparta will eclipse them in the mainstream music arena within 5 years. Their songs are just more conceptually accessible to the average listener.

I worded that weird, but I think it came off wrong. I agree that overall Sparta gets better with time as TMV gets worse.

Archived