OT: Serious GAS for a MicroKorg

Tengo

• Members

So I went over to a friends house and played one of these last night. They are simply amazing! Does anyone on the forum own one? The only problem I had was the mic for the vocoder (which, again, is an amazing part of the kit). Does anyone run an SM-58 through one of these, and does it make a big difference? Part of me really likes the distortion that the mic gives you, but I wanted some opinions :)

• Members

The Micron does sound really good but it seemed to me the sounds were more geared towards techno or prog rock. The korg seemed to have more fat dirty synth sounds. I used to play with a guy who had a Micron, maybe he just didn't use all the sounds I dunno

• Members
The Micron does sound really good but it seemed to me the sounds were more geared towards
TECHNO
or
PROG
rock. The korg seemed to have more fat dirty synth sounds. I used to play with a guy who had a Micron, maybe he just didn't use all the sounds I dunno

want a micron :love::love::love::love:

• Members

A microkorg is a guitar players best friend. It's so small and portable, it isn't a burden to carry around with a bunch of guitar gear.

Yeah, there are way too many dedicated presets to {censored}ty techno sounds too, but the Microkorg is way easier to program than the Micron and the surface controls are way more intuitive.

I absolutely love mine, though I will probably add a more serious synth in the near future.

• Members

How do you like the circuit bent tr-707 from diabolical?

its great, i would take the 606 over the 707 stock.

but with it bent, you can change pitch, decay and all that jazz.

its really cool.

its a great sub for those of us that dont have $1500 for a 909.

i dont play 'techno or house' its like a mix of lcd soundsystem and chip tunes.

EDIT: a bent 707 is $525, or if you give them your 707 its $275. not a bad deal.

• Members

A microkorg is a guitar players best friend. It's so small and portable, it isn't a burden to carry around with a bunch of guitar gear.

Yeah, there are way too many dedicated presets to {censored}ty techno sounds too, but the Microkorg is way easier to program than the Micron and the surface controls are way more intuitive.

I absolutely love mine, though I will probably add a more serious synth in the near future.

Adjusting things on the Micron does suck, but if you want to do that, get the Ion. It's like $400-500 used and completely smokes. Look it up on youtube. I'm saving for one.

Archived