I am "offcially" anti-tap tempo

hangwire

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like tap-tempo delay live and I like non-tappable delay live so I have used both. DD-20 plus DM-2 = my personal form of happiness.

Tappable-Trem on the other hand is crap live or otherwise to me. It sort of defeats the purpose and makes my Green Day gland act up. :mad:

• Members

the guitarist using it needs to understand that his band is not a robot and that he may need to tap in his tempo multiple times throughout the song. not that it should change that much but it will a little. attempting perfection is fine. it can be a great challenge and no doubt will make the band sound good, but it's not completely possible. the human aspect is too strong. as my band practices more and more and gets tighter i find the reading on my DD20 fluctuates less and less each time i tap in the tempo but we also groove more and more. no doubt because the drummer is learning to make the songs exciting while staying more controlled all at the same time.

i tend to tap in before each verse and most of the time before the last chorus. also if i have a true lead guitar part that depends on a rythmic delay i'll tap then also.

ever played with a drummer who uses a metronome? doesn't happen often, of course, unfortunately.

Archived