New V-Synth vids on RolandUS

lerber3

• Members

The Vocal Designer stuff was incredible. Not so impressed with the rest of the sounds. The AP stuff sounded flat, and I wasn't impressed by the analog sounds.

If Roland would put that Vocal Designer in software or another box I'd be all over it.

• Members

The Vocal Designer stuff was incredible. Not so impressed with the rest of the sounds. The AP stuff sounded flat, and I wasn't impressed by the analog sounds.

If Roland would put that Vocal Designer in software or another box I'd be all over it.

Vocal processing is very nice to impress people with a demo. But is it all that valuable? You can put one of these vocal fx in on of your tracks, but is it something you're going to use on an everyday basis? I don't think so.

They didn't show anything that would really make this thing interesting.

Sounds are nice, but you can get the same for a lot cheaper.

Blah.

• Members

I think the V-Synth GT is cool and all but that demo of the AP synthesis was crap, he basically just activated some unrealistic portamento with a footpedal. Hasn't this feature been around since the Minimoog? It would have been a little wiser to get more factual and then let us lot decide for ourselves whether it's a decent feature.

• Members

The vocal designer doesn't do it for me. All the demos have that serious christian worship vibe

BBllleeeeeeaaaaaacccchhh

• Members

I think the V-Synth GT is cool and all but that demo of the AP synthesis was crap, he basically just activated some unrealistic portamento with a footpedal. Hasn't this feature been around since the Minimoog? It would have been a little wiser to get more factual and then let us lot decide for ourselves whether it's a decent feature.

+1

• Members

Hasn't the high-end Yamaha PSR series had this + more advanced harmony/voice processing for years?

Plus, Yeah, the VP550 is THE standalone Roland box for this.

• Members

The vocal designer doesn't do it for me. All the demos have that serious christian worship vibe

BBllleeeeeeaaaaaacccchhh

Eh... it's just the way they are playing I think. I think the sound can be used to create some killer {censored}.

Check out the latest album by Panda Bear for some cool vocal stuff.

• Members

Vocal processing is very nice to impress people with a demo. But is it all that valuable? You can put one of these vocal fx in on of your tracks, but is it something you're going to use on an everyday basis? I don't think so.

Probably not. But it seems like it does that one thing very well, more of a very specialized instrument that would fit in with a VA/softsynth setup.

• Members

Hasn't the high-end Yamaha PSR series had this + more advanced harmony/voice processing for years?

Plus, Yeah, the VP550 is THE standalone Roland box for this.

Yeah I just saw that. $1200? Eh no. Nice string sounds though.

• Members

I didnt hear much from the demo that I cant already do with the V-Synth I already have. As far as multitimberal goes, I think judging by the pics there are upper and lower "zones" so 2 part? who knows about the polyphony. And if it is trully multitimberal this time, do they still run through the same fx chain? Either way, I dont see any reason to upgrade unless I had 3 grand burning a hole in my wallet.

BLive

• Members

I've seen a far better demo of the VC2 Vocal Designer by someone else from Roland (think it was from one of the NAMM shows). It still came out looking good this time though. More than I can say for the AP synthesis. I was less than impressed. Given what some of the newer sample libraries can do, quite frankly it sounded crap.

Shame they won't just get on with selling a Vocal Designer VST plugin. I'd buy it, but there's no chance of me paying $$$ just to get it in a synth.

• Members

Shame they won't just get on with selling a Vocal Designer VST plugin. I'd buy it, but there's no chance of me paying $$$ just to get it in a synth.

Now that you put it this way, I agree. It's really more of a VST plugin.

Archived