Zoom Hyper Lead

• Members

I got the Power Drive at the same time and although it isn't the best overdrive pedal out there, it makes a really good clean boost and versatile because of the separate bass and treble.

I opened it up the other day to have a look at the circuit and it's all surface mount which is no great surprise, but there are 6 ICs visible straight away, 5 x JRC4558 (TS ICs) and another which I can't read properly. And they're numbered up 1-5 and 9 so I don't know if that means there are at least another three ICs somewhere on the other side of the board (I haven't taken it apart fully because I can't be bothered removing the input and output sockets). It certainly looks a complex circuit compared to a lot of overdrives I've seen.

Wow! Good info man... I just got the Power Drive the other day with all the box and manual in a reasonable price.

I finally plugged it in my lil Vox Pathfinder and I was first disappointed due to lack of gain compared to my Bad Monkey and OD3 that I had. but the transparency... super clean boost... oh man... really nice... !! This really works well before and even your dirt pedal. I'm still waiting for someone who can sell their HyperLead/ TriMetal... :cry:

Archived