NPD!!! Barber Direct Drive and great seller content!

rockapede

• Members

Posted in the amp forum, but I figure props are due here too:

First off, do not hesitate to deal with LithiumZero. We traded and he shipped the DD exactly as described, same day! Really great guy and answered all my questions (and there were several!). I give the whole transaction :thu::thu:.

Now to the pedal: Wow! Dave Barber is the man :thu:. The Direct Drive sounds a lot like a hot-rodded Marshall somewhat in the vein of the CrunchBox, but without as much gain. There's a lot available, but the CB is nuts.... The DD has a push-pull tone pot; pulled adds "fatness" (and, I'm told, even order harmonics....like I know what those are :lol:) and pushed is somewhat middy-er. The best thing about it (unlike the Crunch Box) is it's versatility: it'll do everything from just-breaking-up bliss to rauchy AC/DC to liquid lead. The gain knob is usable for it's entire range. It even makes a great boost with the tone pulled and the gain down. Overall, it's a very amp-like experience, doesn't feel like a pedal at all. I've had an LTD, a Small Fry, and now this Direct Drive and I'm convinced Barber doesn't make a bad pedal. Pics to come!

• Members
I've been wanting to check one of those out, the Crunch Box was just too much gain for me but it would be nice to get some Marshall crunch for leads. It's on my short list of pedals to try.

Definitely give it a shot when you get a chance....I'm just floored :thu:.

• Members
I
:love:
my Crunch Box .... but I might have to give one of these a look.

I didn't mean to imply I didn't like the CB, it's definitely got its niche that only it can fill.... It just makes a good comparison pedal because they're both described as "marshall in a box" type pedals.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I'm still crazy and I still like the V1 Crunch Box better than V2.

Archived