Best Line-selector pedal?

Jürgen

• Members

Hi guys!

I've got a problem - I've got a Vox Duel Overdrive and a Vox Bulldog Distortion and I need a pedal to switch between the 2 pedals.

As I read the Boss LS-2 should suck tone??:confused:

What can you say about it. Does anybody know other A/B switching pedals?

Thanks!

Greetings from Upper-Austria:wave:

• Members

I have not found the LS-2 to be a tone sucker, but it may be dependent on the equipment you are using. It's not clear what you are trying to do, though - if you want to put the pedals in separate loops, the LS-2 is a good option (as are other dual loopers). an A/B switch would not work because you would be splitting your signal, and unless you are running two separate amps, you'd need to have something to merge the signals back together.

• Members

That's good to hear!

I don't know what kind of equipment the guys are using that are writing reviews like: The LS-2 sucks the tone out of my sound...

I guess I just try it and if it really sucks - what I doubt - I'll bring it back...

• Members

The LS-2 is excellent, one of Boss's best pedals IMO. Yes it's buffered but it isn't a tone killer.

If you really want to avoid a buffered line selector, you could make your own true bypass "either or" looper for about $20

• Members

the 2 LS-2 loops both have preamps of some kind that definitly do affect tone. it just depends on if you mind what it does. its very hand for multiple options though.

if you need a simple loop on, loop off. or Loop A/LoopB/Bypass i'd suggest going for one of the many looper pedals available.

i have a Napalm Pedals single loop which is great, and a Toadworks roundabout which is loop a/loop b/bypass.. also good.

• Members

The LS-2 loops have gain adjustment but it's easy to keep at unity which doesn't adversly affect tone to my ears. The gain can be very useful indeed if you put a distortion pedal in the loop and want to drive it a little bit harder.

Archived