Johnny Greenwood temolo/delay effect?

• Members

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows what Johnny Greenwood uses to change the rate of the effect (it's either tremolo or delay) in the songs 'Bones' and 'Lucky'. It might not be as pronounced on the studio recordings, but there are live videos where it's pretty clear -- he plays a note, and I assume changes the rate of the effect with a foot pedal, such that it decays at an increasing rate (i.e. more time between each repeat/peak).

Anyone know what he uses?

Thanks!

• Members

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows what Johnny Greenwood uses to change the rate of the effect (it's either tremolo or delay) in the songs 'Bones' and 'Lucky'. It might not be as pronounced on the studio recordings, but there are live videos where it's pretty clear -- he plays a note, and I assume changes the rate of the effect with a foot pedal, such that it decays at an increasing rate (i.e. more time between each repeat/peak).

Anyone know what he uses?

Thanks!

he uses a dementer tremulator (contrary to popular belief that he uses a homemade one), and on songs like Bones, he slows down the rate control with his hands :)

delay would result in sounds like the end of Karma Police and the noises in the middle of Airbag :thu:

and Max/MSP is for stuff like the Go To Sleep guitar solo/glitchfest

• Members

he uses a dementer tremulator (contrary to popular belief that he uses a homemade one), and on songs like Bones, he slows down the rate control with his hands
:)

delay would result in sounds like the end of Karma Police and the noises in the middle of Airbag
:thu:

Nail -> Head.

Oh wait.

Hey Haze!

• Members

he uses a dementer tremulator (contrary to popular belief that he uses a homemade one), and on songs like Bones, he slows down the rate control with his hands
:)

delay would result in sounds like the end of Karma Police and the noises in the middle of Airbag
:thu:

this is correct

Archived