I think playing other people's songs has made me a better songwriter (clipwithin)

• Members

So I haven't really written anything in the last couple months. I've just been playing covers and by osmosis it seems to have helped my songwriting. I wrote and recorded this really quick tonight. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think. I think I'm getting better as a songwriter:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6540232&q=hi

My recording skills aren't really getting better, but you can't have everything. :wave:

• Members

Love those Michael Jackson drums! ha ha. The vocals were a little low in the mix, but overall, I like it. There's a certain Replacements/Husker Du/Dino Jr./ Late 80s vibe to it.

I'd love to hear it w/ a band behind it.

• Members

Love those Michael Jackson drums! ha ha. The vocals were a little low in the mix, but overall, I like it. There's a certain Replacements/Husker Du/Dino Jr./ Late 80s vibe to it.

I'd love to hear it w/ a band behind it.

That's not surprising since I'm heavily influenced by that stuff. Thanks for listening. Oh yeah, the drums are from the Adrenalinn II. It's really a cool drum machine where you can tweak each piece of the kit seperately. My favorite drum machine yet, and I've owned a bunch.

• Members

I have EZ Drummer for my home recording. I'll have to get around to actually finishing one of my tunes so I can post it up here. I usually get off to a strong start and then start second guessing myself and then become overwhelmed w/ layers and whatnot; eventually becoming so disenchanted, I leave it unfinished and start something else. So you have cajones for putting it out there!

Archived