subdecay echobox and hi gain amps

• Members

When you run most delays in front of a distorted amp or pedal, they will distort the delays and this is often unpleasant. When you run a delay in an effects loop or after a distortion pedal (into a clean amp), the distorted guitar signal will be copied and delayed which sounds much better (Usually, IMO).

• Members
I think I want a subdecay echobox. Any one got one?

The only thing that is putting me off at this stage is this:

http://www.subdecay.com/eb.htm

Why is that?

Cause like any delay pedal, putting it in front of a high gain amp sounds like poo. It's not just the Subdecay.

But the natural trails, which would keep the delay ringing once you turn it off, would still garble up your sound even if you wanted the delay off. Definitely not good.
They probably want you to only experience pristine, pretty delays through an effects loop like anyone selling you a pedal would. :)

• Members
Cause like any delay pedal, putting it in front of a high gain amp sounds like poo. It's not just the Subdecay.

But the natural trails, which would keep the delay ringing once you turn it off, would still garble up your sound even if you wanted the delay off. Definitely not good.

They probably want you to only experience pristine, pretty delays through an effects loop like anyone selling you a pedal would.
:)

That's cool, if that's all the issue is then I'm happy for the occasional poo sound. It might compliment my style :p

• Members
That's cool, if that's all the issue is then I'm happy for the occasional poo sound. It might compliment my style
:p

haha, yeah that's how I run mine. Up front ftw, even though my amp isn't as dirty as an ENGL or 5150.
I find the more lo-fi the repeats, the less chaotic it sounds.

• Members

I have one. It's great. The delays are warm and almost gritty. You can almost swim in it, especially with a little modulation dialed in. It does things my Timefactor just can't nail. Highly recommended. I don't use it in front of high gain stuff though; it goes into a Bassman. If I want high gain, I'll stick a Crunch Box or similar in front of it.

Archived