NFD!

miggy01

• Members

It's new fuzz day!!!

DSCN1034.jpg

I got my Devi Ever Sodameiser and my Blackout Effectors Fix'd Fuzz.

The fix'd fuzz is MUCH smaller than I expected.

Here's a full picture so you can compare size to a Boss pedal.

DSCN1043.jpg

The SM is pretty much just what I expected, a big muff type sound that can get super crazy with the intensity turned up, and the chaos mode is fun :thu:

A great bonus is that no matter how high the intensity is, if I'm not playing it's completely silent.

The fix'd Fuzz is ridiculous. Great sounding OD with just the bloom toggle, the shade toggle and knob is a great tone knob, very varied sounds to be had out of it. Fuzz 1 is a very classic, usable sounding fuzz with a wide variety of tones to be had by introducing the shade toggle. And fuzz 2 is messed up, octavey, loud, sputtery, oscillating and delicious. :love::love::love::love:

• Members

Just got my Fix'd Fuzz yesterday!

My initial reaction (after 45 minutes with it)...

Awesome pedal. Even more versatile than I expected...a ridiculous amound of different tones in there.

The Bloom boost is brilliant--it's my favorite sounding boost I've ever had (I've owned an LPB-1, Master Blaster, Super Hard On, and more): it's not totally clean, but not hairy like the LPB-1. It excites and fattens slightly. And that's just the most basic setting. :thu:

Fuzz:1 is very usable, sounds especially great with the Bloom on. Turning the Bloom on is like running a boost in front of whatever fuzz setting you bring up. Fuzz:1 with the Bloom is my favorite fuzz setting.
Fuzz:2 is over-the-top and crazy, but there are some sounds in there I can imagine dialing in when recording. I'm not sure I'll use Fuzz:2 a ton, but it's nice to know it's there (along with tons of other sounds).
The Shade knob I've been leaving off so far. After almost an hour, there's still a lot of ground to explore.

Build quality? Tops. Looks great and a bright orange LED.
BTW, thanks, Kyle!!! You hit a home run.

IM0009822.jpg

• Members

He's already got the sodameiser for sale?

http://www.deviever.com/fx/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1888

geez man, you'd think you'd want to give it a little more than 7 days to "bond".

Eh, I'm not super set on selling it yet, that's why it's only on the DE forum.

I don't find the chaos mode as fun as I thought I would though.

I'm really gassing for an empress trem though :love:

• Members

Just got my Fix'd Fuzz yesterday!

My initial reaction (after 45 minutes with it)...

Awesome pedal. Even more versatile than I expected...a ridiculous amound of different tones in there.

The Bloom boost is brilliant--it's my favorite sounding boost I've ever had (I've owned an LPB-1, Master Blaster, Super Hard On, and more): it's not totally clean, but not hairy like the LPB-1. It excites and fattens slightly. And that's just the most basic setting.
:thu:

Fuzz:1 is very usable, sounds especially great with the Bloom on. Turning the Bloom on is like running a boost in front of whatever fuzz setting you bring up. Fuzz:1 with the Bloom is my favorite fuzz setting.

Fuzz:2 is over-the-top and crazy, but there are some sounds in there I can imagine dialing in when recording. I'm not sure I'll use Fuzz:2 a ton, but it's nice to know it's there (along with tons of other sounds).

The Shade knob I've been leaving off so far. After almost an hour, there's still
a lot
of ground to explore.

Build quality? Tops. Looks great and a bright orange LED.

BTW, thanks, Kyle!!! You hit a home run.

IM0009822.jpg

wow, the poppy finish looks much sexier than I previously thought it did :thu:

Dude, definitely incorporate the shade toggle!! You can even use it by itself to great effect.

The only downside to this pedal I've found is that if you leave the fuzz 2 toggle up while the pedal is off you get a buzz through your amp. It only goes away if you leave the shade toggle up as well.

• Members
wow, the poppy finish looks much sexier than I previously thought it did
:thu:

Dude, definitely incorporate the shade toggle!! You can even use it by itself to great effect.

Thanks! The colors in the poppy finish are even brighter than they appear in my pic. (BTW, I like the ant graphic better than I thought after seeing your pic!)

I'll definitely work with the shade toggle. I flipped it on for a second, noticed the huge range of tone changes...also thought it added some gain/vol. I've got more ground to cover.
You can get great tones right away, but it's also one of those pedals that you need to spend lots of time experimenting with. Kyle's not kidding about its versatility.
Like you said, the Fix'd Fuzz should be about to blow up!

The boost is so good, I'm wondering if the Gravity Boost is going to be based on the Bloom. If so, I might be adding another Blackout pedal to my board!

• Members

Thanks! The colors in the poppy finish are even brighter than they appear in my pic. (BTW, I like the ant graphic better than I thought after seeing your pic!)

I'll definitely work with the shade toggle. I flipped it on for a second, noticed the huge range of tone changes...also thought it added some gain/vol. I've got more ground to cover.

You can get great tones right away, but it's also one of those pedals that you need to spend lots of time experimenting with. Kyle's not kidding about its versatility.

The boost is so good, I'm wondering if the Gravity Boost is going to be based on the Bloom. If so, I might be adding another Blackout pedal to my board!

Does yours do the same thing mine does with the fuzz2 on that I mentioned in my previous post?

• Members
Does yours do the same thing mine does with the fuzz2 on that I mentioned in my previous post?

I checked it out, and no--when the fuzz2 is on and the pedal is off (no matter where all the toggles are), the pedal is silent. I'm wondering if it has something to do with your effects order (though it looks fine in the pics, Boss bypass or daisy chaining can do funny things to other pedals)...or maybe your power supply? Just some thoughts.

I'm digging fuzz:2 with the guitar vol rolled slightly back (reigns it in just enough with my guitar). Some great light-saber-y electric-buzzing sounds there. Almost flanges as it decays... :thu:

• Members

Glad yer liking it!

The Gravity Boost IS going to include the Bloom boost, plus another boost, plus the Shade knob. All toggleable, of course.

• Members
Glad yer liking it!

The Gravity Boost IS going to include the Bloom boost, plus another boost, plus the Shade knob. All toggleable, of course.

Definitely loving it! And still getting new tones from it.

Awesome to hear that about the Gravity Boost! That's gonna be the ultimate boost pedal. People need to know this. :thu:

BTW...I really like the Musket graphics. I was feeling the mountain one until I saw the new musket/smoke one!
Can't wait to see the Gravity Boost graphics.

Archived