Electro Harmonix ORIGINAL Small Clone/HELP

• Members

What should I expect to pay for one of these. 1980 original 9/10 shape with no box. I have already agreed to buy it for a price I quoted to him. He agreed and the deal is on for tomm.Tell me what these originals are going for and I'll tell you what I am gonna sink into one.

• Members
It's a done deal. Just got to wait till the sun rises tomm. Any tips on a True bypass of this pedal or is it true bypassed or buffered?
:eek:

Doubt its true bypass, but the one I had didn't seem to bleed much or at all. I never bothered even looking into TB'ing it, but tastes and opinions vary.

• Members

Doubt its true bypass, but the one I had didn't seem to bleed much or at all. I never bothered even looking into TB'ing it, but tastes and opinions vary.

From the ones I've had in the past the Clone seems to boost the signal just a bit. I'll do a Google here in a bit on tb

• Members

how do they compare in sound to the reissues?

never tried a reissue, but the only thing I didn't like about the original was that the LFO didn't go very fast. Great wobbly, seasick vibrato and chorus though.

• Members

The originals use FET switching and have an LED. It's a simple mod to make it "always on" though for true bypassing.

After the reissues came out the originals really came down in price. At one point in the 90's they were selling for as much as $400, but now in excellent condition I'd excpect to pay up to $150 at the most these days.

• Members

never tried a reissue, but the only thing I didn't like about the original was that the LFO didn't go very fast. Great wobbly, seasick vibrato and chorus though.

Yeah they do go fast. Maybe you're thinking of The Clone Theory?

Archived