Craigslist dumbassiness

fly135

• Members

This is a new one for me. I put a PodXT on the local CL for $125 and I get this email....

Hey,

I saw your for sale ad on CL and thought

you might try to sell that over on eBay:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campid=5335830673&toolid=10001&customid=sell8&ext=podxt%2C+&satitle=podxt%2C+

I'd probably post it somewhere around this category

I live around orlando too so I figured I would try to help ya

Good luck with your sale.

I'm used to scam emails but what's with this idiot:confused::confused::confused:

• Members

I bought for $125 on CL, used it for a while, and I'm happy to let it go for even money. I know that stuff goes for more on eBay, but I don't want the hassle of selling it there for maybe another $25-$50. I just think it's odd that anyone would write to people on CL trying to have them sell it somewhere else. That's the beauty of CL. Good stuff cheap!

• Members

Back in the old days, I used to do the opposite thing. When I'd run across someone bidding an insane amount on ebay for a supposedly "rare" item that they could actually get from a place that stocked them for much less, I would often send them a message and say, basically, "hey, you could get this thing anytime for less over here..." I soon found that people didn't like me telling them that they had just wasted their money on a bid they couldn't get out of. So I gave up trying to be nice. This guy was probably just being friendly, cut him some slack.

• Members

This is a new one for me. I put a PodXT on the local CL for $125 and I get this email....

Hey,

I saw your for sale ad on CL and thought

you might try to sell that over on eBay:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campid=5335830673&toolid=10001&customid=sell8&ext=podxt%2C+&satitle=podxt%2C+

I'd probably post it somewhere around this category

I live around orlando too so I figured I would try to help ya

Good luck with your sale.

I'm used to scam emails but what's with this idiot:confused:
:confused:
:confused:

I got the same email from 2 different alleged addresses on my CL posts.

Scam or Spam...no difference

• Members
I got the same email from 2 different alleged addresses on my CL posts.

Scam or Spam...no difference

Yeah, I was wondering if this is some spam tactic where the spammer gets a small payment for directing people to eBay through his link. You end up at eBay, but it has that "rover" reference in the URL. This strikes me as somebody trying to make a buck spamming people to eBay, and not a friendly tip.

Archived