Downsizing my Pedalboard

zwtyo

• Members

Ok, I've got some stuff I need to pay for and I'm going to have to downsize my pedalboard, I'm going to try to keep my essentials:

Boss TU-2

EB Volume

Crybaby

Dyna Comp

Overdrive: Fulldrive 2

Boss DM-2

Would there be anything I should change like the volume or the Tuner? Any suggestions would be totally helpful. My main issue is just being able to fit it on the pedaltrain. I'm also running a DD-20 right now, so I'd like to keep a digital delay, maybe a DD-3 or DD-5. What do you think?

Oh yeah, and my main reason for posting, I was wondering what type of board I should put it all on. Would the pedaltrain Jr. work?

• Members

Id get the Korg Tuner personally, either the DT-10 or the new Pitchblack. They're both noticabley more accurate and track better than the Boss, I tried out the DT-10 and the TU-2. DD3 does the job adaquately, nothing fancy or spectacular about it but a solid reliable delay.

• Members
If you need to cut down on size, you can swap the TU-2 with a Korg Pitchblack and the EB volume for a DOD FX-17.

Definitely keep a delay around, too. DD-7!
:)

how much smaller is the pitchblack than the TU-2?

and is it accurate?

• Members

I'm downsizing too, again haha. I got a Pedaltrain JR coming and that's that. Went from a PT pro to a PT2 to a JR.

To stay on your topic though, I'd personally keep the Boss Tuner. I don't understand when people say they're not accurate. Sounds accurate to me!

• Members

I'm downsizing too, again haha. I got a Pedaltrain JR coming and that's that. Went from a PT pro to a PT2 to a JR.

To stay on your topic though, I'd personally keep the Boss Tuner. I don't understand when people say they're not accurate. Sounds accurate to me!

It seems to be accurate to me as well, my only issue is the space on the board. Sometimes I think it would be cool to have several pedals on my board, but I mean really, I would be using them all. I'm just trying to keep what is actually like the foundation of my sound.

• Members

how much smaller is the pitchblack than the TU-2?

and is it accurate?

It's about the same width as an MXR box, and a little shorter in height.

From the reviews, it's far more accurate with a nice big bright display.

• Members

It's about the same width as an MXR box, and a little shorter in height.

From the reviews, it's far more accurate with a nice big bright display.

nice. Now I need to find someone to buy my pedalboard and my TU-2. How often do you come across those DOD pedals because it sounds worth a try.

• Members

If you pay more than $100.00 for this pedal I will include a rare picture of myself with my rock star long hair.

wat

Lol. I saw that and I was a bit creeped out by the type of guy I may be buying this pedal from. Maybe it's worth me spending $100...

• Members

haha, yeah that guy sounds a little flakey. Personally wouldn't buy it from him, but like I said they pop up from time to time on here, too. Not hard to find one.

I've used one before, yes. They're very tiny and the volume works suprisingly well on them. The wah sound is very deep, but whatever.

• Members

:DOD Fx17 is great if you want to save space. I have one at the moment, most people around here have generally good things to say about it. The wah gets some cool sounds, but its not very usable as a "wah" type effect, its pretty crappy actually which can be good or bad. I use the wah sometimes after some heavy distortion for feedback squeals and noise. The Vol part of it was why i originally bought the pedal. I wanted to use it for volume swells, but its not too great for that. Mine goes from silence to full on and not much in between even after adjustments. At the moment i have it towards the end of the chain and its main use is as a muter and occasionally for feedback noise squeals.

• Members

:DOD Fx17 is great if you want to save space. I have one at the moment, most people around here have generally good things to say about it. The wah gets some cool sounds, but its not very usable as a "wah" type effect, its pretty crappy actually which can be good or bad. I use the wah sometimes after some heavy distortion for feedback squeals and noise. The Vol part of it was why i originally bought the pedal. I wanted to use it for volume swells, but its not too great for that. Mine goes from silence to full on and not much in between even after adjustments. At the moment i have it towards the end of the chain and its main use is as a muter and occasionally for feedback noise squeals.

hm, maybe i will skip out on it then. i'm looking for something that works well for volume swells. it sounds like they had a good idea with the pedal though.

• Members

dont pay more than 65 shipped for one either. i see them go on here for 50-60$ and ive seen a few recently on ebay BIN for around the same, ive even seen them for around $45 a few times. Just be a little patient, maybe you can trade your current vol pedals for one and get a little cash. If you swap the EB for the DOD and swap your boss tuner for the pitchblack or planet waves you should have just enough room to keep the DD-20. or {censored}, just make a nice little board! You could make a sweet little wood board quick and it could be any size you need.:thu:Thats what i did.

• Members

dont pay more than 65 shipped for one either. i see them go on here for 50-60$ and ive seen a few recently on ebay BIN for around the same, ive even seen them for around $45 a few times. Just be a little patient, maybe you can trade your current vol pedals for one and get a little cash. If you swap the EB for the DOD and swap your boss tuner for the pitchblack or planet waves you should have just enough room to keep the DD-20. or {censored}, just make a nice little board! You could make a sweet little wood board quick and it could be any size you need.:thu:Thats what i did.

I'm def. not keeping the DD-20. It's borrowed and going back to it's rightful owner ASAP. I'm not fond of the thing. I gigged with the DD-20 the other night and I didn't turn it on once. I used the hell out of my DL4 but for some reason I can't get a sound I like from the DD-20. I just ran my DM-3 when I needed some sort of a delay.

I wish I had the tools to make the wood board because that's what I'd do. At least I'd feel a sense of accomplishment that way.

• Members

I'm def. not keeping the DD-20. It's borrowed and going back to it's rightful owner ASAP. I'm not fond of the thing. I gigged with the DD-20 the other night and I didn't turn it on once. I used the hell out of my DL4 but for some reason I can't get a sound I like from the DD-20. I just ran my DM-3 when I needed some sort of a delay.

I wish I had the tools to make the wood board because that's what I'd do. At least I'd feel a sense of accomplishment that way.

Look into the Nova Delay, its quite small and ive been using it live with no problems whatsoever. Very easy to use and pretty clean sounding.

• Members

Boss TU-2 --> Korg Pitchblack

Crybaby --> put this to the side of the board

Overdrive: Fulldrive 2 --> Analogman modded Tube Screamer

EB Volume --> DOD FX17

Boss DM-2

Boss DD-7

yeah, i've been trying to decide what to do with my dirt. i'd get rid of the fulldrive if i didn't like the boost function.

Archived