Is it ok to daisy chain a smmh?

aude

• Members

I've been using a separate adaptor for the smmh because of fear of messing it up (my most expensive pedal, bought it new.) Do you think it's ok to just add it to my chain using a regular 9v boss adaptor?

• Members

I don't know. Electrically speaking, as long as the total load on the chain (the 200mA SMMH included) isn't above the capacity of the adapter, it should work. In the real world...? That's a different proposition :cool:

/Andreas

• Members

I do it without issues. daisychained with at least 12 other pedals using a Diago power adapter. I would reccomend investing in a good adapter if you're going to be doing any daisychaining though, at least the onespot (which is cheap).

• Members

I have a BBE Supa Charger, similar to the Pedal Power 2, in that each output is isolated. Before I redid my board, I had my SMMH hooked up to my DC Brick, which is esseintially a daisy chain. Worked fine. I rearranged my board, and hooked up the SMMh to the Supa Charger, thinking this would be even better. For whatever reason, the thing wouldn't work. No light, no power, no nothing. I thought perhaps I had a bad power chord. I tried another, no go. So maybe it was the output. I tried powering my new DLS Chorus pedal with same output, and that worked fine. I then tried the SMMH into a different slot on my Supa Charger, and that worked fine. No clue why this happened.

I had the same issue with my Nano Stone too, but in this case it would power it, but the sound was all {censored}ed up, the effect was essentially not working. So I hooked up the Nano Stone to the DC Brick, no problems.

So, can the SMMH be daisy chained? Yes it can. But it does come with it own adapter as well. My DC Brick worked fine with it, and I didn't try it, but I imagine my 1 Spot would also work with it.

Archived