Disco Biscuits: Your Thoughts?

• Members

live they are good - (with drugs of course), but if they got rid of the guitarist they would be much better - he limits the group. they are binded by the guitarist and they are binded by their earlier songs which people still want to hear - but they want to be an electronic band - they are changing dramatically

• Members

seen them live a couple times. they're alright, definitely for peeps who like rock opera/trancey type stuff. sts9 does it for me a bit more as an electronic "jam band" though. can't say i didnt have fun at the show though :freak: i totally agree about the guitarist

• Members

i must say though if you guys wanna give them a chance go to archive.org and download their set from 6-26-07 where they played under the name tractorbeam (no vocals). pretty much the best ive heard from them, damn good set

• Members

I've seen them over a dozen times over the last 6 years and I have very mixed emotions about them.

Firstly I think that they should NEVER sing. It's bad enough hearing one bad vocalist but hearing three bad vocalists try to harmonize is a little unbearable. I saw them play a set at All Good in '03 or '04 that was amazing. They played from 1am til sunrise. I saw them play a free show in the middle of Baltimore where they covered Run Like Hell and that was one of the best sets I've ever seen from any jamband. I saw them two weeks ago in Philly and was pretty disappointed with both sets I saw. I think I'm at the point that I'm not really into them anymore. My band is playing at Starscape with them this Saturday and I really I hope I can meet them. I've met them briefly in the past and they seem like cool guys. Their new drummer Allen is SICK!

If you like electronic jambands check out Lotus, Sound Tribe Sector 9, Lake Trout (only old albums), or my band Segway ( www.myspace.com/segwayonline )

Archived