OT: New Amp?

miggy01

• Members

I just sold my Hot Rod Deluxe on ebay, I'm looking for a more bedroom oriented amp.

I'd like to stay with fender, since I loved the clean sounds on this thing, but I'm open to suggestions.

My budget is about 300 bucks.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-VibroChamp-XD-120V-Guitar-Combo?sku=483069

Does anyone have anything to say about that amp? How's the reverb?

• Members

How about the Blues Jr? I might sell my Blues Deluxe and get one of those.

edit: nevermind. I just noticed your budget. It seems the Blues Jr. have jumped up considerably in price lately.

If I can find one used for 300 I'll do it, but those seem to get snapped up really quickly, and I need a new amp soon.

• Members

It does indeed, but I have a lead on a 250 buck pro junior, and I don't want to pay 50 bucks more for tweed.

I'd like reverb in the amp as well. Unless it's cheaper so I can buy a holy grail.

thats cool but i would think of the extra 50 going towards it being a yank,not the tweed.think he said speaker upgrade vs the new version too

• Members

How much reverb do you use? If its above a touch, I find that the BJr reverb gets pretty trebley higher up, so I don't like it too much

I love my Blues Junior, but if I could go back in time, I would get the pro junior just because I don't really use the EQ and don't use the reverb at all

• Members

If you aren't completely sold on another fender, look at the blackhearts, I've had one for my practice room for almost 6 months and LOVE it.

You could also buy Crxsh's tiny terror in a week.

• Members

Just get an MXR 10 Band EQ and pull the volume sliders all the way down. You will be able to play all night long without waking the neighbors. I play my 100W Marshall Half Stack in my apartment all the time and the tone pretty much stays the same but it's just very, very quiet. I also use a Fuzz pedal for dirt (before the EQ) so I don't have to crank the amp to get distortion.

Archived