Picking between these two OD pedals?

• Members

Had a thread a while ago about being a pedal noob and getting an OD pedal (my first pedal really) to work with to get some nice overdriven bluesy SRV type tone. Well after looking at all the suggestions, I've narrowed it down to 2.

Should I get Maxon OD808 (cheaper than the Ibanez reissue and same pedal pretty much right?) or the Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive? The clean boost on the sparkle drive is a nice feature.. it says that it pretty much has 808 tone but I'm not sure since I can't test it out.

I'll probably be playing this on a Champ 600 (small but I can't have a huge amp since I share a wall with my neighbors..). I don't know how that amp takes pedals but hopefully it will sound OK with a pedal when cranked because it doesn't break up at all by itself. The BD-2 sounds really good, but it's a different OD sound than I'm looking for. But I'll probably pick one up another time.

• Members
Hmm, I got a Superfuzz a few months ago and the footswitch is faulty on mine. Just mentioning this before you do anything.

lol damn, maybe it was old stock since that ice house said they fixed it? i really don't want to go through a pedal with a crap switch grrr.. i guess i can take a chance.. maybe :confused:

Archived