so i got a macbook...

goaway

• Members

now what are some cool things i could do with it. i could use a synthesizer but i dont want to spend a bunch of money on one. if i just get something like an m-audio usb controller or something then what kind of good synth programs are there for mac? does this work well or is it just as good to buy a workstation?

• Members

wow, how do some many people here not know about midi?

buy a cheap usb/midi keyboard.

plug into garage band.

read both manuals and your good to go.

if your just starting out, use garage band, its a very good program and you can do everything on it, id be happy with just using garageband for all my virtual instruments and recording.

but thanks to the wonderful world of torrents you can get logic pro 8, which is what im using now.

• Members

he doesnt need to PAY for those yet but if he can find them other ways...

even just getting started, live is crazy hard to understand if you have never used midi.

im telling you, with my experience, garageband is the easiest to get started.

then you can move on to Live or whatever if your looking for more options, but grageband has everything you could ever possibly need.

• Members

even just getting started, live is crazy hard to understand if you have never used midi.

then you can move on to Live or whatever if your looking for more options, but grageband has everything you could ever possibly need.

You're definitely right,

although I would say Ableton isn't THAT hard to comprehend, especially since the tutorials that come with it show you around pretty well.

Although you don't get those tutorials if you don't pay. :blah:

Unless you have a demo version of an earlier live to learn on... :evil:

• Members

+1. I tell you something, I don't have the knowledge of recording to master programmes like Live but Garageband is so easy to use for me, plus if you have a problem with it all you need to do is a search on the Apple website or Google and you'll find the answer.

Archived