Dr. Scientist Radical Red Reverberator demo

jzucker

• Members

Sounds great and all, but is it just me or did every mode sound exactly the same?

The differences are VERY apparent in-person. He would have had to make the demo with the Mix much higher than you'd feel comfortable with in the room (as is the case with many effects).

And FYI - "RO" stands for "Rotary"... not reverse as he stated in the demo. Don't want any mis-information spreading around! When I suggested those abbreviations to Ryan at Dr. Scientist, I knew they might be a little confusing in the long run, but I couldn't think of another 2 letters for 'Rotary'! Anyway, the Rotary feature is actually really really cool on this pedal and sounds fantastic. I mean, primarily it's an excellent sounding reverb pedal, but the Rotary effect is a hidden jewel in there.

All in all, it was a good demo as usual Jack!

• Members

Yeah, it seems nice and all, but I don't really understand what it does that verbzilla, holy/holier/holiest grail, or rv-5 don't do. I started using a rack reverb I borrowed from a friend and I think you either like stomp box reverb, spring, or rack...I don't really see what boutique does? It sounded fine, but I'm sure it's a lot more.

• Members

Yeah, it seems nice and all, but I don't really understand what it does that verbzilla, holy/holier/holiest grail, or rv-5 don't do. I started using a rack reverb I borrowed from a friend and I think you either like stomp box reverb, spring, or rack...I don't really see what boutique does? It sounded fine, but I'm sure it's a lot more.

It sounds good first of all. It doesn't color the sound unless you crank the level up for a gain boost and it's very sweet. There are tons of other digital reverbs out there but most of them do not sweeten the sound. This does. It's like having a fender tube unit but much more versatile. If you like reverb, this is among the best pedals out there IMO.

Archived