Akai Deep Impact SB-1 anyone?

cdawzrd

• Members

Has anyone played one of these? They are impossible to find these days. Does the Digitech Bass Synth Wah come remotely close? Boss SYB-3? Any other pedal that is similar that I'm leaving out of consideration?

• Members

I had one for awhile.

I dunno... as far as synth pedals go it's by far the best I've ever played. It tracks amazing, sounds great, and is incredibly versatile.

Is it worth $500+? Having owned one I would say no. For that amount of money you can get a real synth that will sound much better in a live environment. Yeah, it's cool controlling the sounds with a bass but the novelty wears off pretty quick.

• Members

I've heard chunk systems is coming out with a new device - grain of salt, I think it might just be vapor at this time and I know nothing about the specs at all, but just thought I'd mention it as anther potential option
(not familiar with the Hysteria sound myself, so I can't really comment to that)

• Members

The bass player for my band plays one. It can make some really cool sounds but unfortunately due to my bass players lack of effects experience he usually uses it for annoy womp-womp sounds. As cool as it is I find it hard to justify the price of one.

• Members

the syb-5 is garbage. the digitech is not quality.

before i had the akai impact, i used the syb-3 into a EHX bass micro synth. it got pretty close using one or the other, and some cool mixed noises. the BOSS syb-3 is pretty good.

the dynamic range is what is so impressive on the deep impact. and the tracking is superb. even when you get the tracking to mess up it sounds techno awesome. the presets are so satisfing, and tyou can tweak them even more.

only restriction is no slapping.

find a AKAI DEEP IMPACT

• Members
only restriction is no slapping.

find a AKAI DEEP IMPACT

Yeah there's really no substitute for if you're serious about using a bass guitar for synth lines. I still say you're better off putting that amount of money towards a nice set of keys though... much more versatile.

Remember when musicians friend blew out deep impacts for $99? :)

Archived