Power and Cables?

• Members

Im tired of powering all my pedals with batteries and wallwarts, so i need a new way to get power to everything. Most of what i have use the standard 9v Boss style adapter, but i have a few EHX pedals, a DL4 and a Whammy, so those need power too. I know there are the Onespot style kind, but would that power my EHX stuff? And I really don't think it would do the Whammy. Then i know there are also "brick" style power supplies, like the Gator G Bus. What would you recommend to power everything?

And also, patch cables, don't want to spend a fortune on a George L's kit, and i don't know of any other cable kits like that, so has anyone used these http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/-Right-Angle-1414-Patch-Cable?sku=330113

are they noisy, is there a better value, etc. I just need 6-10 right-angle cables to use.

• Members

My 1 spot powers all my pedals fine, I have:

Boss TU2, Boss CH-1, EHX Metal Muff, EHX OD, Bad Monkey, Marshall Echohead, MXR Phase 90, Crybaby Wah.

Nice mix of pedals all work fine great power supply, not sure about your Whammy sorry. But I bought the combo pack so has lots of adaptors.

• Members

My 1 spot powers all my pedals fine, I have:

Boss TU2, Boss CH-1, EHX Metal Muff, EHX OD, Bad Monkey, Marshall Echohead, MXR Phase 90, Crybaby Wah.

Nice mix of pedals all work fine great power supply, not sure about your Whammy sorry. But I bought the combo pack so has lots of adaptors.

Aren't the EHX pedals a different size that the boss style adapters though? And, any hiss with the OneSpot?

• Members

Aren't the EHX pedals a different size that the boss style adapters though? And, any hiss with the OneSpot?

You get 2 adaptors for the old style EHX pedals new ones have standard boss adapator style, you just need to buy the 1 Spot combo pack for all the adaptors, I have no hiss on any of my pedals that I can notice.

Only thing I would check out is the whammy u have.

• Members

You get 2 adaptors for the old style EHX pedals new ones have standard boss adapator style, you just need to buy the 1 Spot combo pack for all the adaptors, I have no hiss on any of my pedals that I can notice.

Only thing I would check out is the whammy u have.

You saying the OneSpot will power my EHX stuff I think pushed me over the edge to get one. I was just worried about that and hiss, i can deal with that and a wall wart for the Whammy, and i just cant justify dropping over $160 on a PedalPower

• Members

You saying the OneSpot will power my EHX stuff I think pushed me over the edge to get one. I was just worried about that and hiss, i can deal with that and a wall wart for the Whammy, and i just cant justify dropping over $160 on a PedalPower

The combo pack has 2 x 3.5mm EHX converters with it. As I said my new EHX pedals use normal Boss style so I didnt have to use the adaptors for mine, and no hiss at all with my pedals, I had a post last week when I ordered my 1 Spot nothing but good things were said.

Look here http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2002214

• Members

You want the

I agree with that, its probably the best/most commonly used by Guitarist Also because it has a wall wart built in on the back so you could use it for your DL4/Whammy. If you want to save some money also try a Dunlop DC Brick.

Archived