Order of Effects Pedals on Pedal Board

• Members

Hey Guys,

I've got a Zvex Fuzz Factory and a Snarling Dog Wag pedal, and I have put them after my guitar into my amp. But which ever way I put them, I lose tone from which ever one is after the other when they are both on... eg Guitar - Fuzz - Wah - Amp -the wah tone is not the best, Guitar - Wah - Fuzz - Amp - the fuzz tone is not the best. This is when they are played with both of them on... They are fine separately.

I believe they are both true bypass, does anyone know how I can do it so they are both acting together well?

Cheers

Johnny

• Members
Hey Guys,

I've got a Zvex Fuzz Factory and a Snarling Dog Wag pedal, and I have put them after my guitar into my amp. But which ever way I put them, I lose tone from which ever one is after the other when they are both on... eg Guitar - Fuzz - Wah - Amp -the wah tone is not the best, Guitar - Wah - Fuzz - Amp - the fuzz tone is not the best. This is when they are played with both of them on... They are fine separately.

I believe they are both true bypass, does anyone know how I can do it so they are both acting together well?

Cheers

Johnny

You have your pedals AFTER your guitar and BEFORE your amp?? :poke::idea::cop::poke:

the nature of your questions beguiles me...

• Members

a wah through a fuzz is not going to sound like straight wah... thats how effect pedals interact -- they EFFECT the signal and each other

your wah going into the fuzz will wah with dramatically less wah tone, as the fuzz will fuzz out the signal from the wah
wah before is more traditional set up

wah AFTER fuzz is "fun" to mess with and I do it regularly. you wah the fuzz affected signal creating some sweet almost pulsing tones.

you have two good pedals. i think you just dont know what sound you are going for. get an overdrive for your next pedal

Archived