Do all Whammys do this?

deluxe74

• Members

So I just got a digitech whammy for my birthday last week and I've been messing around with it (very cool pedal btw) and there are two things that don't seem right. First off, when I play three or more strings at the same time on the octive up it's almost like it can't handle it and it starts sounding a tiny bit like a tremolo or something. Also, on the octive up for instance, there isn't any pitch change till the rocker is almost half way to the floor.

Is this normal for whammys or what's the deal:confused::confused:

• Members

chords and such sound salvage-able when clean 1 oct up, but 2 is pushin it, you can calibrate the whammy by unplugging the power jack from the whammy while its on, then tilting the whammy all the way back (toe up) and holding down the silver shiny button thing, then pluggin the power back in. it should blink a few times, then be fine. try that! :D

• Members

Sounds like you need to calibrate your pedal. This will get you a more even sweep.

Rather than think of the pedal not being able to handle more than one note, think of that as an effect in and of itself. Use it for it's textural content. The deconstruction of the notes can be a contradictory juxtaposition to a beautiful counter melody.

• Members
Sounds like you need to calibrate your pedal. This will get you a more even sweep.

Rather than think of the pedal not being able to handle more than one note, think of that as an effect in and of itself. Use it for it's textural content. The deconstruction of the notes can be a contradictory juxtaposition to a beautiful counter melody.

Does anybody else read PRG's posts in the voice of the demos? :lol:

• Members
To freakin funny! Maybe I will precede each post with our intro song.
:lol:
Actually the videos are produced by my employee Andy. I'm just the guy that answers the phones.

Don't spoil it for us.

"Hi, and welcome to Pro Guitar Shop Dot Com...."

• Members

I read the manual and it said the same thing so I fixed it. I have tried it with chords and it almost sounds like a wierd, synth type of sound and I'm really digging it right now to be honest!

Archived